Full job description
2641 Garry Dr W, Lethbridge, AB T1J 5A3
Our Mission to You:
As a certified Great Place to Work®, Seasons believes that every single team member plays an important role in the overall happiness of our residents. We foster a culture of growth and support for our committed team members and offer opportunities for personal and professional development to advance a rewarding career in the seniors housing sector.
What We Look For:
Seasons looks for individuals who are enthusiastic about making a positive difference in the life of another person. We hire individuals who are committed to building meaningful relationships and strive for service excellence so our residents can be proud to call Seasons their home. Keen attention to details, going the extra mile and putting a little “wow” into everything we do is the Seasons way!
We’re looking for a General Manager who can lead an enthusiastic team dedicated to providing excellence in resident care. You will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the home with a primary focus on creating an atmosphere where residents can enjoy a lifestyle and quality of life, which exceeds their expectations.
What You Will Do:
- Ensure compliance of governing legislations and regulations
- Ensure the provision of a safe, secure environment for all residents
- Oversee all aspects of operations to ensure programs and the property consistently meet company expectations for a successful and profitable retirement home
- Assist in setting financial goals while meeting occupancy forecasts
- Provide, monitor and evaluate quality care and services to residents
- Lead an interdisciplinary team of managers and front line employees
- All other duties as assigned
Qualifications or Skills Required:
Covid-19 vaccination is mandatory
- Has a minimum of two (2) years relevant experience in the seniors housing or hospitality industry an asset
- Graduate of certificate/diploma or degree in Business, Hospitality, Nursing or Gerontology is considered an asset
- Experience in a progressively responsible role where he/she has demonstrated leadership, interpersonal skills, marketing, financial planning and effective problem solving
- Class G/Class 5 driver’s license with clear driver’s abstract (Applicable to Ontario/Alberta)
- Current CPR & First Aid Certification
- Current Safe Food Handler’s Certification
- Current Smart Serve/Pro Serve Certification (Applicable to Ontario/Alberta)
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. As a condition of employment, a Criminal Record Search which may include a vulnerable sector screen, will be required.
Seasons Retirement Communities (“Seasons”) is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. In accordance with Season’s Accessibility Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Season’s hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Note during COVID-19: At the outset of the COVID-19 situation in Canada, Seasons Retirement Communities implemented heightened precautionary protocols in all of our homes. We continue to follow the advice of provincial and federal governments, our sector regulators and local Public Health agencies. Job responsibilities are being reviewed and adjusted accordingly to ensure the well-being of the successful candidate.