Full Job Description
Grad Coach - Indigenous Education Liaison
We are excited to have four (4) Grad Coach - Indigenous Education Liaison opportunities available for the 2022-2023 school year with a start date of August 2022.
Lethbridge School Division is looking for a dynamic, self-motivated, caring and enthusiastic team leader to fill the role of Grad Coach - Indigenous Education Liaison, supporting teachers, indigenous students and their parents. Lethbridge School Division, embraces diversity and functions in a dynamic, innovative and fast paced environment.
What will you work?
30 hrs/wk (0.86 FTE) Monday to Friday
Grad Coach - Indigenous Education Liaison staff have a working calendar that provides time off during some non-instructional days.
Grad Coach - Indigenous Education Liaison positions are right for you if you:
- Have a strong understanding of indigenous cultures
- The ability to coordinate programs
- The ability to relate and interact well with youth
- Have effective communication skills
- Can collaborate effectively with team members, parents, community partners, principals, teachers and staff
- Value the concept of a team
- Have a high level of empathy and interpersonal skills
- Have a positive, flexible attitude
- Have problem-solving skills
- Possess decision-making skills
- Can work independently and as part of a team
What will you do?
The Grad Coach - Indigenous Education Liaison, provides supportive services to Indigenous students in support of graduating high school. You will be a part of a dynamic school team working closely with staff and students. The successful candidate will be responsible for tracking, documenting and supporting high school students who require targeted or specialized supports, and working collaboratively to develop strategies to assist them in being successful at school.
Education, Certification and Experience Required:
- Post-secondary certificate or diploma in a related field such as Child & Youth Care.
- Proof of Grade 12 or General Educational Development (GED). Education received outside of Canada will require a Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) confirming high school or post secondary equivalencies.
- Class 5 driver's license (graduated driver's license (GDL) not accepted).
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
In order to ensure and maintain a safe and secure working and learning environment, applicants new to Lethbridge School Division who are offered employment must provide:
- A police information check; including Vulnerable Sector Check from Police Services or an RCMP detachment that does not have any charges or convictions.
- A satisfactory Intervention Record Check from South Region Alberta Child and Family Services.
- Proof of photo identification, may be a valid driver’s licence, provincial identification card as issued by a licensed government registry office, valid passport or Nexus card. If one cannot be provided, a new card must be obtained and proof of application provided within three days of hire.
- Documentation of a valid Social Insurance Number in the employee’s legal name. If valid Social Insurance documentation in the current legal name can not be provided, the successful candidate will be required to obtain a new one within three days of hire.
- A satisfactory driver's abstract will be required upon hire.
Salary range for this position is $29,700 - $35,900 depending on experience.
Lethbridge School Division prides itself on supporting and promoting the wellness of our employees through our diverse benefit plan for you and your family to access. Some of the amazing benefits included are:
- 100% employer paid premiums for health and dental care.
- Health Spending Account (HSA).
- Free 24/7 access to our Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP). This includes but is not limited to:
- Competitive retirement plan.
- Discount at a variety of local fitness facilities within Lethbridge.
This is a purposeful and rewarding career that helps make a difference in students lives!