Build Your Career at Aecon
Aecon is proud to build some of the most impactful infrastructure projects of this generation. From the roads and transit systems that connect our communities, to the communication networks that link us from coast-to-coast, and the water infrastructure that supplies our businesses and homes. Our integral work includes constructing the pipelines that join provinces with the energy that fuels the nation, and the airports and ports that connect us all. Aecon is there, safely and sustainably building the future.
We lead the infrastructure industry with purpose, and our people are at the heart of everything we do. Our business success relies on strong execution and continuous improvement – driven by the diversity, expertise and teamwork of our employees. We are always searching the globe for exceptional candidates to join the Aecon family and be a part of our forward-thinking, innovative, best-in-class organization!
Aecon Civil is a market leader with a self-perform competitive advantage and core local strength in key markets. We are proud of our work helping to expand and improve Canada’s infrastructure and transportation networks, and we’re ready to build the future of our country. With over a century of experience, and the ability to offer diverse, comprehensive services, Aecon is a preferred contractor for our clients. This includes numerous public entities and Public-Private Partnerships in Canada and abroad.
The Grader Operator position is located in Medicine Hat, Alberta.
- Operate levers and controls on Grader to level and distribute aggregates.
- Operate equipment on public roadways, always being aware of surroundings.
- Operate equipment in a safe manner, following all safety regulations.
- Preventative maintenance of equipment and daily safety checks.
- Work collaboratively with crew.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Required Knowledge & Experience
- 3+ years’ experience as a Grader Operator in a roadway construction capacity.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. on a regular basis and stand/walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to communicate with supervisors, co-workers, contractors, and the general public in a courteous, professional manner at all times.
- Maintains a valid Class 5 driver’s license or better.
- Own vehicle to get to and from jobsite.
- Willing to work overtime, as required.
- Must comply with the company's drug & alcohol program, including testing requirement.
Aecon fosters diversity, inclusion and belonging within and across our organization. We welcome all to apply including, women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
We are committed to adhering to the objectives and requirements outlined in the Accessible Canada Act (ACA), and to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in a timely manner, through the implementation of the requirements of the ACA and its applicable regulations. If you require accommodation under the ACA Act during any step of the application process please click here.