Greenhouse Robot Operator
Star Produce Ltd. (The Star Group)
Status: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 6:00am to 2:30pm
Starting Wage: $17.50/hour
Whole Leaf, part of the Star Group of companies, houses five greenhouse technologies all under one roof and is truly state of the art in all facets. Whole Leaf is a world leader in sustainable greenhouse grown, one of a kind leafy greens with just over 11 acres of growing space. We are the exclusive grower of Inspired Greens and Inspired Leaves and our lettuce is grown clean year round without the use of pesticides. Robotic equipment is used ensuring that our many varieties of lettuce are untouched by human hands throughout their life cycle in the greenhouse. Whole Leaf is proud to be the first greenhouse in North America to use this advanced technology. With products listed at all major retailers and foodservice companies Whole Leaf continues to set a high bar as the best greenhouse grown greens available in the world.
*The greenhouse is located outside of Coaldale and we ask that individuals have reliable transportation to and from work.
The position of Robot Operator is vital to the operation of the greenhouse. The Operators are responsible for operating high tech machines and robotic equipment used to plant, transport, and space leafy greens per prescribed timelines and growing conditions. Additionally, the Operators observe, report, and correct issues of quality (consistency, type, quantity, plant health, damage, etc.)
- Operate robotic equipment that transports and spaces plants per prescribed timelines and growing conditions
- Operate machinery that plants seeds into soil per production schedule
- Inspect and report plant quality issues
- Safely clear machine blockages as required; assist in troubleshooting machine adjustments
- Other tasks as assigned/necessary
Key Attributes and Skills
- Attention to detail
- English language proficiency (verbal, written, comprehension)
- Problem solve, trouble shoot
- Understanding of basic mathematics
- Understanding of basic mechanical and electrical systems
- Ability to learn new computer software
Education and Experience:
- High school or equivalent
- Past greenhouse experience is an asset but not a requirement
- Hours may be irregular and in excess of 8 hours per day or 40 hours per week
- Work outside ordinary office hours (including weekends and holidays) may be required
- Ability to work in a hot and humid greenhouse climate
- Stand and walk for up to three hours at a time
- Safely lift up to 50lbs
- Climb ladders and stairs regularly throughout the day
- Crouch and kneel
About the Star Group
We love fresh produce! The Star Group operates in every facet of the produce industry, growing fruits and vegetables in our Canadian greenhouses, partnering with growers across Canada and importing the best and freshest from around the world. Our brands are Just Picked, Big Taste and Inspired Greens, and we believe our products are raising the bar for Canadian produce. If you embody our values of Passion, Persistence and Teamwork and would like to be part of the future of food in Canada, we would love to meet you!
We invite you to visit our website to obtain more information about our companies, divisions, brands and products – www.starproduce.com
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Positive and fun work environment
- Opportunities for professional growth and development
- Be part of an exciting industry!
How to Apply
Please submit your resume (in PDF Form) in confidence.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $17.50 per hour
- Please state if you are looking for Full-time or Part-time employment.
- The greenhouse is located outside of Coaldale. Do you have reliable transportation to get you to and from work?
- Are you capable of working in a hot and humid environment for an excess of 8 hours per day for 40 hours per week?
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Greenhouse: 1 year (preferred)
- Forklift: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person