Full Job Description
The Heavy-Duty Journeyman Technician supports the Shop Division and field operations by contributing to the key deliverables and day to day construction activities.
This position is responsible for performing duties and tasks related to the preventative and corrective maintenance of specialized construction equipment and other related construction machinery and materials.
What you will need to be successful:
- Alberta Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic License.
- Extensive experience in all aspects of repair to construction equipment.
- Demonstrated expert abilities in all aspects of equipment repair and maintenance.
- Prepared to work on construction sites and/or in company maintenance facilities.
- Basic writing skills.
- Basic hand tool skills.
- Computer experience as it relates to documentation and equipment diagnostic systems.
- Ability to work independently as a problem solver and professionally represent the company.
- Experience with construction, subgrade and paving, an asset.
- Class 3 driver's license with air endorsement and clean drivers abstract, an asset.
Working in a team environment you will enjoy competitive wages, excellent benefits, and opportunities for advancement.
Note: We promote a safe work environment with a substance testing program.
How to Apply:
Please submit applications/ resumes to Volker Stevin Highways Ltd., quoting Job ID# 4-MCL0732211
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted for an interview
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay