Full Job Description
Whissell Contracting Ltd has established a solid reputation for providing construction solutions in Alberta. We are built on strong core values and take pride in our Team, our dedication to Safety, and excellence in the work we do. For over 5 decades, Whissell’s expertise has focused on deep Underground Utility infrastructure and Earthwork construction services.
Whissell is looking for individuals that want to be part of an industry leader whose goals are to keep ahead of the curve on technology and innovative solutions. If you are committed to growing Whissell services, divisions, and innovating renewable energy solutions to the industry, Apply today! We look forward to you joining our Team.
The Equipment Operator will assist the Superintendent/Foreman with accomplishing site-level goals and support Whissell’s vision, mission, S.P.I.R.I.T of values, and three daily pillars of Safety, Quality, and Efficiency.
- 3 or more years of running a Dozer
- Underground Utility and Earthworks constructions experience is considered an asset
- High attention to detail required
- Pay to be determined by skill and experience
- Ensure compliance with all Company policies, OH & S Legislation and WCB reporting procedures.
- Understand and maintain quality and production standards and work to achieve established production goals.
- Must have your own transportation
- Must have own steel-toes safety boots
- Work Site Environment: Outdoors, confined spaces
- Seasonal, full-time and weekends
What We Offer You:
- Competitive wage depending on experience
- Excellent Health and Dental benefit plan
- Amazing Professional and Career development opportunities
- Strong commitment to safety in the workplace
- Wonderful team, Whissell is Family owned and operated
PLEASE NOTE: All Whissell employees are required to pass a Pre-Employment Drug & Alcohol Test and provide a valid Driver’s Abstract (no more than three months old) prior to starting work.
Overtime may be required during peak months.
To apply, please submit your resume and driver’s abstract letter through indeed or visit our website www.whissell.ca/jobs/ TO APPLY!
At Whissell we value diversity of expertise, talent, and opinion creating an innovative and collaborative environment. We are committed to a respectful and inclusive workplace and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals.
No agencies please.
Job Type: Full-time
- Bonus pay
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
Employees are expected and required to follow all safety and PPE measures. Whissell evaluates these requirements regularly and follows the recommendation by health authorities and we adjust the requirements as needed.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Medicine Hat, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Dozer: 3 years (preferred)