Human Resources Business Partner
Closing Date: Until success candidate is found
Good Samaritan , South Alberta Regional Office
2687 Gary Dr W, Lethbridge Alberta T1J 5A3
The world could use more Good Samaritans. If you are interested in a diverse and rewarding career within a dynamic organization, then choose a career where people matter; where you are valued, appreciated for your hard work, and supported. Join a team that empowers you to live up to your potential so that you can feel part of something bigger and make a difference in the lives of others.
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Hours of Work: 0800-1600
Wages: $69,825 to $96,997
Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources Business Partners, the Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) provides a full range of human resources and labour relations support to managers and directors. The HRBP works in close collaboration with other human resources staff and with internal and external stakeholders to ensure consistent and effective delivery of human resources programs and practices in support of the mission, vision and values of The Good Samaritan Society. The scope of the HRBP responsibilities include recruitment-selection-onboarding, labour and employee relations (including collective agreement administration), performance management (including assistance with investigations), attendance support, assisting with return to work and accommodations, job evaluation and job description preparation, and assisting with training and development. HRBP may also participate in special projects, reviewing and drafting policies, and contributing to the Human Resources operational plan.
The HRBP is instrumental fostering positive relations with internal and external stakeholders.
This position will work out of GSS’ Sothern Alberta Regional Office in Lethbridge, Alberta .
Education and Experience:
Educational and other Qualifications:
- Post-secondary degree in human resources or labour relations, or a combination of other relevant education and experience in human resources and labour and employee relations
- A designation in HR or a related field would be an asset
- Minimum three years’ experience providing advisory/consultative human resource services to managers and supervisors including in a unionized work environment
- Working knowledge of collective agreements, employment statutes, performance management, recruitment practices, job evaluation, and change management
Who we are:
At The Good Samaritan Society, Good Samaritan Canada, and Good Samaritan Delta View Care Centre, we believe that our employees are our number one asset. Since 1949, we have been providing excellence in complex/long term care, assisted/supportive living, and other specialized care services for the elderly and those with developmental and physical support requirements. We could not do what we do without our dedicated and committed employees.
What we can offer you:
- Work/life balance
- Learning and development opportunities
- Competitive wages
- Pension and benefits for eligible employees
- Discounted services with many of our local businesses
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- A current and clear Criminal Records Check Form and if applicable a Vulnerable Sector Check that has been obtained no more than 90 calendar days prior to the hire date.
- A tuberculosis screening that has been completed no more than 12 months prior to the hire date.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The Good Samaritan Society and Good Samaritan Canada is committed to upholding the values of diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism in the workplace at all levels of the organization, as well as in the delivery of our services. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including but not limited to, Indigenous peoples, racialized groups, people with disabilities, and people from the 2SLGBTQ+ community.
We thank all applicants, however only candidates under consideration will be contacted for an interview.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $69,825.00-$96,997.00 per year
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- On-site gym
- Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Lethbridge, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Human resources: 3 years (preferred)
- union: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Lethbridge, AB
Application deadline: 2023-03-17