Full Job Description
At Southland Trailer Corp. we build it better, and we build it together!
We are innovators who are obsessed with finding ways to improve everything around us, from our products and processes to the communities that we live in.
We are currently looking for people to join team. Interested? Before applying ask yourself if;
- Take pride in the work that you do!
- Want recognition for your hard work!
- Like to learn and continually improve!
- Like working with great teams!
Required Skills & Experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1-5 years’ experience in an industrial painting environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Demonstrate basic mechanical skills and aptitude, including safe operation of hand & power tools.
- Be able to handle items weighing in excess of 35 pounds. This includes lifting
- Diligence and attention to detail.
- Be willing to identify both problems and solutions in the workplace; continuously looking for ways to improve processes and environment.
- Must have a positive attitude, be willing to accept feedback.
- Ability to work effectively and cohesively in a team-based environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Blast various types of trailers and trailer components.
- Prep and seal various types of trailers and trailer components.
- Prime various types of trailers and trailer components.
- Spray paint various types of trailers and trailer components.
- Move trailer frames into the paint booth for final paint via forklift and/or dollies.
- Prepare trailers for paint with filler, and sands as required.
- Maintaining technical equipment for the job and ensuring that they are in working order.
- Meet physical requirements which include lifting 50lbs+, standing for long periods, bending, stooping, reaching, and squatting.
- Communicating positively with supervisors and fellow workers
- Assisting in keeping facility clean, neat, safe, secure, and operating efficiently; Complete daily 5S requirements
- Contributing to a positive and safe working environment
- To read, understand, and comply with the Southland Trailer Corporation’s safety policy and safe work practices, procedures, and rules.
- When a problem/challenge does occur, participate in the solution.
- Verify work completion with assistant/head coach.
- Participate in Hansei meeting.
- Perform other ad hoc duties as assigned by supervisors
- Must be open to day or night shift
- Competitive wage with regular reviews!
- In-house cafeteria that serves fresh hot breakfast, lunch, and snacks daily!
- Apprenticeship program track – we will pay for your apprenticeship!
- Great incentive program!
- Great training program!
- Employee gatherings such as paintball, BBQ’s, golf tournaments, and much more!
- Rewards for employees who produce new ideas and improvements!
- Motivate everyone to continuously improve!
- Generous benefits package for you and your family!
- Offer a “Lean Manufacturing” culture
By applying for this position, you consent to the collection, use, and necessary disclosure of the personal information provided during the application and selection process including contacting you by phone or through email.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- 10 hour shift
- Are you located in Lethbridge, AB?
- What is the best phone number to reach you by?
- industrial painting: 1 year (preferred)