Are you looking for an exciting position working with one of the leading companies in an emerging industry? At miEnergy, we believe that renewable energy is the future, and are proud to have a passionate team focused on creating positive change in the world through innovation, commitment to quality, and high customer satisfaction.
Joining the miEnergy team means you will be on the cusp of one of the most innovative fields, with an organization focused on development and recognition of our people. Solar experience is not required!
At miEnergy we empower our teams by creating an environment where everyone, from all
backgrounds can succeed. We believe that diversity drives innovation. We are building a culture
where differences are valued and celebrated.
miEnergy is currently hiring Installation Labourers for projects located near Medicine Hat Alberta
Installation Labourer, Solar
Reporting to the Site Supervisor, the Installation Labourer will be responsible for the installation of solar panels, meeting daily / weekly metrics and ensuring the safety of themselves and those around them.
· Measure, cut, and assemble the support structure for solar panels
- Erecting and assembling ground mount racking and panels
- Fastening racking systems to support the solar modules.
· Coordinating project tools, equipment and supplies to ensure all required items are prepared for transport to installation sites
- Inspecting your work to ensure the installation of components meet specifications
· Complete site checks and cleanup at conclusion of each day
- Assist with setup and tear down of job sites
- Committed to safe work practices in accordance with Safety procedures and policies
This position is physically demanding and involves exposure to all elements of outdoor work. Applicants must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Successful candidates will be physically fit and in good health.
· Proven safety attitude and excellent attendance history
· Required: A valid Driver’s License and a reliable method of transportation to the project site which may require extensive travel.
· In possession of a smartphone and be proficient with technology
· Industry or trade experience in solar is considered an asset
· Ability to prioritize and multitask in a demanding environment
· Ability to take direction and follow instructions
· Must have a strong work ethic, focus and accountability to meeting metrics.
· Able to work effectively in teams as well as independently
· Must ensure that you have your own tools including high impact drill, CSA or ANSI Class I approved safety footwear, ankle support height with green triangle and hard hat, high visibility all weather clothing. CSTS or SCOT & WHIMIS certification required
What We Offer:
· Extended health and dental benefits for permanent team members
· A great work environment focused on teamwork, professionalism and growth
· Family first policy
We welcome and encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, Visible minorities, Women, and Persons with Disabilities. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process or otherwise, please contact us at hr@mienergy and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $21.00-$23.00 per hour