Full job description
PTW is a leading industry solutions provider delivering construction, fabrication, and maintenance services. Our network extends across Canada. We have a workforce of talented people proud of the safe and reliable work we perform for our customers every day. We create and deliver innovative industrial solutions to customers in the agricultural, mining, oil and gas, petrochemical, pulp and paper, nuclear and renewable energy industries.
PTW is hiring local Instrumentation Journeypersons to join our team in Lloydminster. If you are a registered Journeyperson, we want to hear from you!
A DAY IN THE LIFE…
- Repairs and troubleshoots electrical, instrumentation and control equipment and emission monitoring instrumentation.
- Performs installation, calibration, testing, troubleshooting and maintenance of protective relays, computers, metering, monitoring and control systems on gas turbines, generators, and plant auxiliary equipment.
- Inspects and tests operation of instruments and systems to diagnose faults using pneumatic, electrical, and electronic testing devices and precision measuring instruments.
- Performs installation of process control instrumentation such as transmitters, controllers, analyzers, and control valves.
- Performs mechanical work associated with instrument repair and modification while having the ability to remove and install small piping and tubing.
- Rebuilds and calibrates transmitters and control valves, tune controllers.
- Performs scheduled preventive maintenance work and complete test and maintenance reports.
- Must possess industrial experience.
- Must be a certified Instrumentation Journeyperson
- Must be able to take initiative, work independently as well as in a team.
- Must be reliable and dependable (i.e.: punctual and ready to work).
- Excellent communication skills.
- A demonstrated ability to work safely.
- Must have valid safety tickets (CSTS-20, H2S Alive, Standard First Aid, Fall Protection, AWP)
- A valid Class 5 driver's license is required
- Must be local to the area or within commuting distance, or willing to relocate
Competitive Wages and benefits plans | PTW Apprenticeship Tuition Program | Safety Awards Program | Starter Tool Kit Program | Quality work | Safety and quality are built into everything we do | Safety Training and PPE provided | Consistent work | Opportunity for advancement | Learning and development | Opportunities to travel, stay local or relocate | Team atmosphere | People-focused company
We care about your health and safety. At PTW, we follow all protocols set by the provincial and local governments. We also implement measures as required by our clients and our own Health and Safety team.
PTW is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to achieving greater accessibility by providing accommodation for people with disabilities during our hiring process. Accommodations are available on request for qualified candidates during each stage of the recruitment process.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
OUR VALUES GROUND US: CARE | EXCELLENCE | PASSION