Are you a skilled and motivated Insulator who lives in Medicine Hat? If so, we have an exciting opportunity that might be a perfect match for you.
This assignment is anticipated to start on November 14th, 2023, and conclude on March 29th, 2024, with a 40 hours per week schedule.
We encourage you to apply if you have a valid Journeyperson or apprentice Certificate or proof of hours, your CSTS 2020 ticket, and are ready to contribute your insulating expertise to this project! Valid Zoom Boom or Telehandler tickets are assets!
Perks of the job
- Local Opportunity : Enjoy the convenience of working in your local area, reducing commute times and stress.
- Benefit from a consistent workweek, allowing for a healthy work-life balance.
- Eligibility for Benefits : After accumulating just 300 work hours, you become eligible for a comprehensive benefits package.
- Join a Growing Business Division : Become an integral part of FLINT's rapidly expanding business division, where your contributions make a significant impact.
- Continuous Employment Opportunities : Experience job stability with the option to transition to other exciting projects upon completion, fostering potential for personal and professional growth within our organization.
What would you be doing?
- Reading and interpreting drawings and specifications to determine insulation requirements and select the type of insulation needed.
- Measuring and cutting insulating material to required dimensions using hand and power tools.
- Applying and securing insulation using spraying, blowing, pasting, strapping, taping, and other application and installation methods.
- Fitting insulation around obstructions and between studs and joists.
- Installation of vapour barriers.
- Fabricate metal sheets and apply insulating materials to finish surfaces.
Does this sound like you?
- Have your Journeyperson or apprentice Certificate or proof of hours.
- Have valid up to date CSTS2020 ticket.
- Valid Zoom Boom / Telehandler tickets are assets.
- Excellent manual dexterity, with the ability to easily perform intricate and precise actions.
- Has a natural talent for understanding how mechanical systems work and how to operate and maintain machinery effectively.
- Ability to read and understand complex instructions.
- Ability to do careful and exacting work.
- Proficient in English, both written and verbal communication required.
- Physically capable of performing all necessary duties of the job including but not limited to heavy pulling, pushing and lifting (up to 50 lbs), climbing, shovelling, bending, twisting, etc.
Perks of the job
- Benefits after +300 hours.
- Financial assistance provided for Apprentices working towards their Journeyperson certification.
Other important details
This position has been identified as a safety sensitive position and will require completion of drug and alcohol testing.
FLINT strives every day to be recognized as your employer of choice, modelling our core values not only to our customers but also to our employees.
We promise to uphold these values by providing a safe, progressive, and proactive work environment while continuously working to minimize our impact on our planet.
We will work every day to build our employees into leaders, fostering a work environment of integrity, curiosity, empowerment, and innovation.
At FLINT, we recognize that our greatest resource is our people. By combining world-class workforce solutions with top-tier talent, together will build upon our reputation of unwavering quality, safety, and customer satisfaction.
We are committed to creating a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion, including fostering a safe and respectful environment that allows for diverse perspectives a work environment in which all employees are valued and have an equal opportunity to achieve success.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or other legally protected factors.