We are an independently and locally owned baby and children's retail organization in the heart of downtown Lethbridge. We are looking for a mature, dependable individual to join our team as a part time Inventory Clerk.
The position works within the physical location of our store with shifts scheduled within the hours 9:00am-5:30pm Tuesday to Saturday. Hours will vary between 4-8 hr shifts, starting at 12-15 hours a week. Evenings are not available and we are closed Sunday and Mondays. Opportunities for additional hours and advancement are available.
Baby Laurel & Co offers our team members.
- Employee discounts
- Opportunities for professional development through various training and learning initiatives.
- Advancement and growth opportunities.
- An environment that foster's critical thinking, problem solving and learning skills you can transfer and use in any work environment.
- A small, fun team environment that supports mutual respect, teamwork, having fun while we work and supporting one another while achieving our business goals.
Do you have a love or passion for baby clothes, baby gear, working within a small team and supporting our parent community? Love to learn, can stay focused, are mature and have an exceptional attention to detail.? This may be the position for you you!.
The Inventory Clerk will assist and work as a team with our Inventory Coordinator in fulfillment of our shipping and receiving department.
The ideal candidate will possess the following personality traits and skills.
- strong math and reading skills
- comfortable and proficient working in all basic MAC and PC applications including but not limited to Microsoft office, MAC and PC operating systems, general online computer applications and executing short cuts.
- comfortable and effective at learning new software and concepts.
- thrives in completing tasks but can think critically to spot errors or discrepancies.
- focused, can listen effectively and able to communicate with others.
- able to multi task, and be effective with changing priorities during a day.
- can work as a team but effectively work independently and with minimal guidance.
- physically capable of lifting and moving boxes approximately 50+ pounds, climbing ladders, bending, twisting, kneeling and moving efficiently throughout our space.
- generally a positive and energetic personality that engages with other team members, is committed to the goals of our organization through preparedness, focus, and excellence
Duties and Responsibilities
- Accurately receiving stock within our internal turnaround standards, which includes unpacking, counting, hanging, folding, steaming, tagging product, storing excess and putting out on the floor.
- Assist with E-commerce product maintenance: Ensuring all products are properly categorized, have proper descriptions, images and content for our e-commerce business.
- Assist in maintaining a clean and organized stock room for easy and efficient flow of stock, finding and accessing stock and to meet any fire code regulations.
- Effectively communicating and working closely with our Inventory Coordinator to ensure the flow of stock is managed at all times.
- Assist in completing partial inventory counts per internal policies for record keeping.
- Moving offsite inventory if necessary.
- Assisting in the accurate pulling and completion of online orders for local pick up, delivery and or shipping.
- Communicating effectively with customers through phone and email regarding any order issues or discrepancies.
- Loading up large purchases into customers vehicles.
- Restocking supplies and inventory on our retail floor
- Cleaning and maintenance of our show room floor where/when necessary.
Tasks and or responsibilities may be changed or added based on the needs of the organization.
Starting wage is $15.50. Considerations will be made for candidates that have additional skills that can directly impact the growth of our business. If you have additional skills in social media content creation, amazing sales skills, merchandising strengths make sure to mention it!
If you think you are that right person we ask all interested applicants to submit a resume and cover letter including why you want to work for us, that are you available for the hours and days noted and why you are a great fit. Only applicants submitting a cover letter will be reviewed.
We thank all applicants in advance but only those who meet the required qualifications will be contacted.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: From $15.50 per hour
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2024-02-22
Expected start date: 2024-03-01