Hours37.5Workplace ModelOnsitePay Details
We're committed to providing fair and equitable compensation to all our colleagues. As a candidate, we encourage you to have an open dialogue with your recruiter and ask compensation related questions, including pay details for this role.
Department OverviewTD Private Wealth Management takes a sophisticated and holistic goals discovery approach to wealth planning and protection to provide highly personalized advice, solutions and service to clients.
TD Private Investment Advice offers clients the chance to create one-on-one relationship with a dedicated and professional Investment Advisor, while maintaining active participation in decisions regarding their investment portfolio. It's a very special and supportive place to begin – and grow – a lasting, progressive and rewarding career in wealth.
Job DetailsAre you a highly seasoned professional recognized as a top-level expert with the ability to identify and interpret trends in the market? Do you thrive applying this expertise to structure portfolios to achieve results? As Investment Advisor, you will provide a full range of investment solutions and wealth advice to high net worth clients. You will conduct in-depth reviews of their unique investment goals and risk tolerance to develop and deliver highly personalized investment strategies.In addition, you will:
- Anticipate emerging customer trends as a basis for recommending business offerings (financial products, insurance and estate planning) to the clients
- Oversee the management and activities of large accounts and related servicing teams; support the timely and accurate completion of business processes and procedures
- Manage the most strategic relationships that are characterized by significantly complex products and services
- Attract and advise on the financial assets of affluent clients through establishing one-on-one relationships with them while you help them maintain active participation in the decisions
- Make recommendations to the client regarding their portfolio's construction, security selection, monitoring and rebalancing as well as make referrals as appropriate to other TD Wealth partners
- Provide clients with periodic performance reporting and build positive client relationship with annual review, rediscovery meetings and ongoing advice and service
- Prospect, market and develop business pipeline by identifying and cultivating relationships with potential clients and external referral sources to build client base and professional practice
- Maintain a culture of risk management, adhere to internal policies and procedures and protect the interests of the Bank by monitoring and escalating transaction activity as required
- Provide thought leadership, participate in knowledge transfer within the team, make recommendations and collaborate with business teams
- Participate fully as a team member, support a positive professional team environment
- Undergraduate degree with minimum three (3) years of experience working in a client-facing, sales and relationship-focused role
- Licensed with Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) as a Registered Representative
- Life Insurance License (LLQP in Quebec) must be obtained within 3 months of hire
- Certified International Wealth Manager (CIWM), Certified Financial Planner (CFP) is an asset
Company OverviewOur Values
At TD we're guided by our purpose is to enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues, and share a set of values that shape our culture and guide our behavior. In exchange for how our colleagues show up to help TD succeed, we are committed to delivering a colleague experience grounded in Impact, Growth and a Culture of Care. No matter where you work across TD, we empower you to make an impact at work and in your community, explore and grow your career and be part of our caring and inclusive culture.Making Your Well-being a Priority
A caring and supportive culture that promotes colleague well-being is core to who we are. At TD, we focus on total well-being with extensive programs to help colleagues assess, manage, and improve their well-being across four core pillars — physical, financial, social and mental/emotional. In addition, we champion a safe, inclusive and supportive work environment to help colleagues feel a sense of belonging, and supported in their personal and professional growth. Through our focus on total well-being, we know that we can help our colleagues thrive, contribute to our culture of care, and support better business outcomes … because when colleagues feel their best, they're more likely to do their best.
Our Total Rewards Package
Our Total Rewards package reflects the investment we make in our colleagues to help them, and their families achieve their well-being goals. Total Rewards at TD includes a base salary, variable compensation, and several other key plans such as health and well-being benefits including medical, dental, vision & mental health coverage, savings and retirement programs, paid time off, banking benefits and discounts, career development, and reward and recognition programs.
How We Work
At TD, we believe in-person connections fuel collaboration and collective creativity. Our workplace experience empowers colleagues to do great work side-by-side at TD locations, while offering flexibility to work remotely where it makes sense for the work and team. Our teams work in one of three workplace models: hybrid, onsite and primarily remote. Wherever our colleagues are working, they'll always have access to the TD community and experience our culture of care.
Who We Are
TD is one of the world's leading global financial institutions and is the fifth largest bank in North America by branches. Every day, we deliver legendary customer experiences to over 27 million households and businesses in Canada, the United States and around the world. More than 95,000 TD colleagues bring their skills, talent, and creativity to the Bank, those we serve, and the economies we support. We are guided by our vision to Be the Better Bank and our purpose to enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues. TD is a customer obsessed organization, and we are deeply committed to being a leader in customer experience, that is why we believe that all colleagues, no matter where they work, are customer facing. As we build our business and deliver on our strategy, we are innovating to enhance the customer experience and build capabilities to shape the future of banking. Whether you've got years of banking experience or are just starting your career in financial services, we can help you realize your potential. Through regular leadership and development conversations to mentorship and training programs, we're here to support you towards your goals. As an organization, we keep growing – and so will you.
InclusivenessOur Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At TD, we're committed to fostering an environment where all colleagues are encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work, experience equitable opportunities, and feel respected and supported. We're dedicated to building an inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of the customers and the communities in which we live and serve.How We're Helping Make an Impact in Communities
TD has a long-standing commitment to help drive progress towards a more inclusive and sustainable future. That's why we launched the TD Ready Commitment in 2018, now a multi-year North American initiative. Under the TD Ready Commitment, we are targeting a total of $1 billion by 2030 in community giving four key, interconnected drivers of change: Financial Security, Vibrant Planet, Connected Communities, and Better Health. It's our goal to help support change, nurture progress, and contribute to making the world a better, more inclusive place for our customers, colleagues, and communities.
Your accessibility is important to us. Please let us know if you'd like accommodations (including accessible meeting rooms, captioning for virtual interviews, etc.) to help us remove barriers so that you can participate throughout the interview process.
We look forward to hearing from you!
More Jobs at TD Bank
About TD Bank
The Toronto-Dominion Bank & its subsidiaries are collectively known as TD Bank Group (TD). TD is the sixth largest bank in North America by branches & serves approximately 22 million customers in a number of locations in key financial centres around the globe. Over 85,000 TD employees represent the strongest team in banking. Delivering legendary customer experiences is who we are & is part of being the Better Bank. Visit our Careers page to learn more about TD & why TD is a great place to work.