Fleet Brake Parts and Service Ltd. is one of North America’s fastest growing and largest independent distributors and marketers of heavy-duty parts and services. We have 14 locations spread from British Columbia to the Atlantic and have a proven track record. Our organization is powered by effective leadership, progressive strategies, and industry-leading best practices. More importantly, Fleet Brake is driven by talented, customer-focused people who value strong work ethics, innovation, and quality.
We are currently looking for a Journeyman Heavy Equipment Technician at our Lethbridge, AB Branch who is self-driven and puts quality and customers first. Being a team player and working with others will be a key role in your success with Fleet Brake.
Fleet Brake offers
Excellent Benefit Package
Retirement Pension Plan
Boot Allowance and Tool Allowance
In-house training from leading suppliers
Opportunity for growth
Safe work environment
Education Assistance Program
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
- Ensure quality control throughout the repair process
- Provide routine maintenance/service, CVIPs, and inspections
- Perform diagnostics for shop & customers-mechanical, electrical, computer.
- Maintain a high level of productivity at all times
- Instruct and assist apprentices.
- Communicate any unsafe conditions or accidents/injuries in a timely manner to the supervisor to facilitate prompt correction or reporting.
- Move customer units in and out of the shop safely and efficiently Services, maintains, overhauls, and repairs all buses, trucks, and heavy equipment.
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses, and repairs electrical problems.
- Operates all power and hand tools of the trade.
- Maintains working areas in a clean and safe condition.
- Conduct continuous training of new and existing employees on proper industry practices.
- Maintain a working knowledge of changes in technology and repair techniques.
- Keep employee morale high through encouragement
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor not far outside my expertise and training
- Journeyman “Red Seal” status preferred
- Knowledge of operating principles of diesel engines, transmissions, and hydraulic systems.
- Knowledge of standard practices, methods, tools, and equipment relating to mechanical maintenance and repair.
- Knowledge of Provincial standards and requirements relative to operation and maintenance of heavy-duty equipment.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions and procedures.
- Knowledge of electronic troubleshooting.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a diverse team.
- Excellent problem-solving, organization, and multi-tasking skills.
- Capable of working independently, as well as, in a team environment. Adept at efficiently and effectively working unsupervised.
- Attention to detail with good hand-eye coordination.
- Capable of working in a physically demanding multi-tasking work environment.
- Demonstrate high attention to detail, be extremely organized, and can reliably document failures and repairs.
- Exposure to noise, dust, odors, fumes, and oils may occur.
- Possible on-call
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Store discount
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
- Hevy Duty Mechanic: 2 years (preferred)
- Red Seal (preferred)
- Driving Licence (preferred)