- Relocation assistance
Full job description
South Country Co-op is recruiting a Junior Human Resources Advisor on a full-time basis, within our Corporate Office in Medicine Hat. The successful incumbent will be resourceful, resilient, detail oriented and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Who we are:
As a co-operative, we do business differently. We believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. To learn more about who we are, visit www.southcountryco-op.crs.
What you’ll do:
Reporting to the Human Resources Advisor, the Junior HR Advisor assists in providing HR support to the Human Resources team in order to ensure the HR function is delivered in line with best practices and meets the needs of the organization.
This position will also assist with the implementation of policy, recruitment, onboarding, new employee orientation, retention and adherence to applicable legislation and collective agreements, and alignment with the business needs. This position operates within a busy, diverse environment and involves a variety of administrative tasks and interacts with all employees at different levels across the organization.
You will also be responsible for:
Administration, Recruitment & Onboarding
- End-to-end employee lifecycle changes; including generating offers of employment/correspondence, promotion letters, terminations, preparing and tracking new hire orientations.
- End-to end recruitment practices including, drafting and advertising competitions, pre-screening candidates, pre-employment activities including reference checking.
- Responsible for the on-boarding process, and related tasks to onboard new employees.
- Maintain HR Information, personnel files and confidential documentation ensuring data integrity, within HR Systems
- Advise on internal and external Human Resources related inquiries from clients, department managers
- Assist in the administration and maintenance of service awards and recognition programs
- Provide advice and guidance on interpreting and administering the Co-op’s policies and procedures, collective bargaining agreements, Alberta Employment Standards, Canadian Human Rights, and other applicable legislation.
- Support in the talent acquisition, orientation, and onboarding of team members
- Maintain employee personnel records in accordance with all records retention, file maintenance, CBA, and legal guidelines.
Who you are:
You are looking for a career in Human Resources and have:
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resources, Business or Commerce or HR-related discipline with 1-3 years of progressive Human Resources experience in a retail environment; a combination of relevant experience and education may be considered.
- Current working knowledge of full-cycle recruitment processes, onboarding, and employee retention practices
- Current working knowledge of end-to-end employee lifecycle changes; including drafting of employment contracts/correspondence, internal changes, terminations, data entry for new employees
- Current working knowledge of legislation, labour and employment law, human rights legislation, and related areas
- Experience in a unionized environment and a CPHR certification would be an asset.
- Proven ability to main confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
- Tech-savvy; competence in HRIS and ATS systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (including Word, Outlook, and Excel); possess skills to develop spreadsheets and documents.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate at all levels in the organization
- Results-driven and continuous improvement focused with a strong ability to respond to evolving priorities effectively
- You’re honest and trustworthy, are results oriented and strive to be the best in what you do and you believe in collaboration, building relationships and value the perspectives of others
Who you’ll work with:
- The Team: You will provide support to the Human Resources team and advise across the retail. The HR team strives to cultivate a culture of collaboration, business partnering, efficiency and driving results.
- The Community: Medicine Hat, AB is the sunniest city in Canada! For families, there are many sports and activities to indulge in including hockey, soccer, baseball, softball, and BMX. Promoting high quality of life and affordable living costs, Medicine Hat is a hub for agriculture and natural resources.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits packages.
- Employer contributed pension plan.
- Relocation assistance (if applicable).
- Opportunities for career growth and development and foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
If this opportunity speaks to you and believe you would be a good fit for this role, please apply online by November 14, 2023. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.