Join Our Crew!
We are in search of hardworking and experienced individuals with a passion for high quality to join our team in the role of BOH Shift Leader.
We are looking for team players that thrive on passion & purpose to join our team and contribute to our authentic vision to positively influence our guests and each other.
Blowers & Grafton (B&G) dishes up authentic street food, delivering real, honest ingredients and laid-back, East Coast hospitality. B&G sources as much of its menu from out East as possible to bring you tasteful tributes, genuine flavours and all the classics! From the OG Halifax Donair and Garlic Fingers, to the Mini Lobster Rolls and Chips, it’s all washed down with your choice of craft beer or cocktails.
B&G was founded by a group of passionate Canadians with a bold vision: to salute the spirited roots of Halifax with fellow Maritimers and share this beloved experience of food, drink, music and culture with the rest of Canada.
KITCHEN SUPERVISOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains a Guest focus while providing East Coast Hospitality
- Supervising the BOH team while assigning duties and enforcing all kitchen policies as outlined by the KM
- Takes on full responsibility of the kitchen and operations in the absence of KM & AKM (100% Responsibility / 0 Excuses)
- Minimizing overtime, monitor staff breaks and keep staff productive during slow periods
- Work with AKM on creating a shift schedule for all BOH employees
- Assist AKM with ordering and tracking of inventory
- Coaching team members and training any new staff
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen environment to meet operational standards, as well as Alberta Health Services standards
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and assists with planning the topic agenda
- Prepare, cook, and present food, quickly and efficiently, meeting our standards
- To ensure that the kitchen team comply with the policy on personal hygiene and dress code
- Communicate concerns, suggestions, feedback and ideas to the AKM and KM
- Assist the KM & AKM with the on-boarding and training process
- Actively recognize good performance in the team and provide positive feedback. Report any issues to AKM and KM
- To ensure that the company control procedures, in respect of food production, portion control and stock management, are fully implemented
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Ensure that all equipment is working safely and is compliant with manufacturers guidelines for operation
What’s In It For You?
Blowers & Grafton provides best in class training for all new and existing partners. We believe in side by side in depth training for all our chefs and cooks. Through our customized training programs our partners learn about leadership, providing exceptional guest experiences and culinary excellence. We believe in promoting from within and developing our employees into leaders from the moment they are hired.
Who You Are?
We are currently hiring for Kitchen Supervisors. If you are outgoing, dependable, and motivated, you will fit in great! Strong kitchen experience is required. Apply today and become part of an awesome team, build culinary and leadership skills and realize leadership opportunities that allow you to be part of an exciting and growing Canadian Restaurant.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00-$21.00 per hour
Expected hours: 44 per week
- Discounted or free food
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Medicine Hat, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Cooking: 1 year (preferred)
- English (preferred)
- Food Handler Certification (preferred)
- Food Safe, SafeCheck, Food Handler or equivalent (preferred)
Work Location: In person