Full Job Description
Description: The Laundry Worker II gathers, sorts, processes, repairs, presses, stacks and/or stores linens and garments. The work includes the transportation of clean and soiled linen and the use of washing and drying equipment. This position is covered by the terms and conditions of the CUPE 408 St. Michael's Collective Agreement.
- Classification: Laundry Worker II
- Union: COV CUPE 408 (St. Michael's)
- Unit and Program: Nutrition Food Linen Environmental Services
- Primary Location: St. Michael's Health Centre
- Location Details: As Per Location
- Multi-Site: Not Applicable
- FTE: 1.00
- Posting End Date: 30-NOV-2022
- Temporary Employee Class: Temp F/T Benefits
- Date Available: 10-DEC-2022
- Temporary End Date: 03-DEC-2023
- Hours per Shift: 7.75
- Length of Shift in weeks: 2
- Shifts per cycle: 10
- Shift Pattern: Days
- Days Off: Saturday/Sunday
- Minimum Salary: $19.43
- Maximum Salary: $21.23
- Vehicle Requirement: Not Applicable
Required Qualifications:Required Qualifications: Completion of Grade 10 or recognized equivalent required.
Additional Required Qualifications:One (1) year of experience with industrial laundry equipment. Ability to read, write, speak and understand English. Basic computer skills. Frequently required to lift/push weights up to 50 pounds (22.7 kg). Must possess strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work quickly and accurately under deadlines. Ability to work both independently and as part of a team. Ability to follow directions and guidelines. High standards for cleanliness and sanitation. Demonstrates high levels of honesty and integrity.
Preferred Qualifications:WHMIS certificate.