Reporting to the Liquor Store Manager, the Liquor Clerk is responsible for delivering world-class customer service. Duties include receiving merchandise, stocking products, cleaning shelves, helping customers, operating the register, merchandising, displaying products, making end caps displays, and maintaining department cleanliness and housekeeping standards.
Qualifications: Must have Pro-Serve; must be 18 to work in the Liquor Store. Previous liquor retail experience, strong product knowledge, and knowledge of provincial liquor regulations are preferred. Candidates should possess equivalent retail experience with cash handling or cashier experience.
- Basic knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Understanding of basic mathematic principles
- Able to operate POS system as well as understand credit and debit procedures
- Ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Positive attitude with a willingness to learn
- Repetitive physical labour required; must be able to lift to 50 lbs. within safe work guidelines.
Availability: evenings, and weekends