Black Diamond Group owns and operates a portfolio of businesses specializing in modular buildings and remote and temporary workforce housing solutions, along with a digital marketplace for business-to-business crew travel management. We create value by providing differentiated solutions. We believe each customer and each project is unique and that we can tailor a combination of products and services that deliver an enhanced outcome. Our Way is to Create a Better Way – this is our challenge, our call to action, our why!
We believe that a clear strategic vision, with measurable objectives, along with disciplined accountability and data-based decision-making leads to successful outcomes. When we couple this approach with our values-driven, collaborative, safety conscious culture, we achieve top decile performance, deliver results, and have fun while doing it!
We offer careers, not jobs, and we strive for an environment where the best people come to work and feel rewarded for their contributions. We are a team of the best and the brightest in industry, and since our inception, we have led with a people-first approach. We give our employees ample opportunity to pursue their interests and passions and support them as their careers progress.
Black Diamond Group’s Work Force Solutions team has a full-time position for Lodge Manager for our Mt. Merrick Lodge.
The Lodge Manager is responsible for the efficient day to day coordination, direction and management of all aspects of their lodge operations. The purpose of the Lodge Manager is to oversee and provide professional and superior quality, service, direction and communication to our clients, guests, employees, caterers and sub-trades. The Lodge Manager will mentor, coach, develop and lead Lodge staff. Implicit in this position is adherence to and focus on Health, Safety and the Environment as they relate to all of our operations.
· Stay in Camp to manage all aspects of the lease and lodge
· Attend meetings and training sessions as required
· Promote a positive Black Diamond experience with our clients and guests
· Provide courteous and professional customer service at all times
· Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with client and Catering representatives
· Liaise and communicate with Black Diamond maintenance and Construction personnel
· Oversee the day-to-day operation of the Front Desk, Commissary, and Maintenance personnel.
· Ensure daily reports are accurate and are completed and submitted to clients and Black Diamond in a timely manner
· Oversee the master key control
· Receive, log and facilitate maintenance requests as necessary
· Oversee the supply and maintenance of recreational, entertainment and fitness centre equipment
· Receive, log and facilitate reservations
· Submit accurate and completed Charge Sheets to Client for approval
· Send approved Client and Caterer Signed Charge Sheets to Logistics Office on a weekly basis
· Compile and maintain an accurate rolling three month forecast of incoming business on a daily basis
· Acknowledge and address all camp concerns in a timely manner
· Conduct formal investigation and complete Incident “Flash Report” on all HS&E issues including near misses, minor medical, etc. Liaising with Black Diamond Health, Safety & Environment Department and Lodge Security to ensure any incidents are identified and addressed in a timely manner
· Oversee the implementation, operation and ongoing education of guests and employees with respect to the Fire Warden Program
· Facilitate and oversee the distribution of weekly charge sheets
· Control and manage lodge operating expenditures
· Attend operations meetings as required with caterers, contractors and clients
· Ensure adequate levels of consumables are on site including water, propane, food, beverage, and sewage is removed as necessary
· Ensure safety meetings are held and attend contractor meetings daily whenever possible
· Be present during meal service times to ensure standards of service are being met or exceeded
· During meal times the Lodge Manager should spend time liaising with guests to elicit feedback regarding the quality of the meal, ambience, service, ideas for improvement, etc.
· On a regular basis and as needed, Lodge Manager should inspect rooms, recreational facilities, food service/preparation areas, property exterior, property perimeter, generators, tanks, water treatment plant, etc. All inspections must be documented. Deficiencies, corrective actions and positive observations must be addressed with the appropriate owner
· Track and charge casual meals and rig boxes as per the clients direction and Black Diamond contract
· Contribute to and participate in Black Diamond leadership team and management conference calls and meetings as required
· Assist in the development of new policies and procedures as necessary
· Ensure existing Black Diamond standards, policies and procedures are being followed
· Complete quarterly/yearly reviews of Clerk/Administration Staff which include but not limited to Performance Appraisal
· Conduct a formal investigation in a timely manner for any employee-related issues that may arise
· Prepare reports and analysis using Infinity and/or Orissa system on a regular basis
· As needed, use Infinity or Orissa system in checking-in and/or checking-out guests/clients
· Ensure adherence to all existing and relevant Provincial or Federal legislation and regulations concerning fire and life safety, hygiene, public health, employment, etc.
· Travel to Site and other locations as required or at least 10% of time
· All other duties, initiatives and projects as may be assigned from time to time
· Minimum 2 year experience in a management role in remote Workforce Housing operations, Hotel/Hospitality Management, Accommodations or equivalent industry experience
· Experience with hotel Property Management such as Infinity and/or Orissa and Point of Sale systems is an asset
· Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English
· Certified Hospitality Supervisor (CHS) designation from the American Hotel and Lodging Association, or any equivalency, is an asset
· Must be a well-organized self-starter that requires minimal direct supervision
· Experience in motivating, mentoring and developing employees in difficult and challenging work environments
· Willing to participate and upgrade training certifications including food safe, general safety and relevant courses
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office but not limited to MS Word, Excel and Outlook
· Must have and maintain a valid Class 5 driver’s license with a clean driving abstract
· Work hours vary between 10 and 12 hour days (depending on Camp or Lodge)
· Work shifts vary between 21 days on and 7 days off, or 14 days on and 7 days off (depending on Lodge assignment)
· One hour unpaid lunch break
· Frequently exposed to noise and a regular flow of people around the office
· Frequently assigned changing priorities
· May be under time constraints due to payroll deadlines, weekly/month/quarter/year end deadlines.
· Frequently exposed to extreme weather conditions
· Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions
· Work will require some lifting of up to 22 Kg (50 lbs.)
· Varying between sitting, standing and walking all day
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Black Diamond Group Limited is committed to diversity, equal opportunity and ensuring that our employees have the ability to thrive in an inclusive environment. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous status, national origin, age, disability or any other legally-protected factors. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request during the recruitment process.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
Work Location: On the road