Manager, Signature Events
Senior Director, Business Development
Contractors, Co-Op Students
A leader in southern Alberta’s agriculture and entertainment industry since 1897, Lethbridge & District Exhibition (LDE) has stood out as the premier destination for bringing people together from all over the world. It is our mandate to encourage the enhancement of the agriculture industry and the quality of life of citizens living within the agricultural community. In their efforts to continuously accelerate economic opportunity through the delivery of memorable experiences, construction of a new 268,000-square foot Agri-food Hub and Trade Centre is set to be complete for opening in Spring 2023 (www.agrifoodhub.ca).
The Manager, Signature Events, is focused on developing and leading all Signature Events for LDE. Taking a leadership role, the manager will oversee all event aspects of LDE Signature events including strategic development, planning, and execution. Reporting to the Senior Director, Business Development, The Manager, Signature Events will develop strategic business plans to grow LDE Signature Events.
Key Work Activities:
- Manage all LDE Signature event logistics, including but not limited to: working with suppliers, contractors, venues, and sponsors, coordinating any applications or license requests, and all event details.
- Manage and complete multiple project plans and/or events concurrently.
- Create and document critical paths, prepare site plans and production schedules for each event.
- Create and manage accurate event budgets. Maintain financial tracking for each event and operate within the allocated budget, communicating variances, adjusting strategies, budgets and priorities as required.
- Manage and comply with event safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all participants.
- Compile post-event reports and recommend directional changes to strategy and planning, with the goal of increasing net revenue.
- Analyze all data associated with each event for reporting and marketing purposes.
- Organize and/or provide support for all supporting events that may occur throughout the year
- Manage primary event logistics contractors to ensure all aspects of the statement of work are fulfilled, particularly event-day logistics.
- Provide input to develop and manage annual signature event plans
- Achieve annual revenue targets for each event by maximizing event participation and sponsorship opportunities.
- Create and implement acquisition plans to recruit new event participants and sponsors.
- Work closely with the manager of partnerships to solicit, manage, and activate partnerships, ensuring that all partnership deliverables are completed.
- Cultivate and steward relationships with key partners, vendors and participants.
- Collaboratively work with internal teams to meet overall event targets and goals.
- Manage relationships with select third-party groups and contractors to fulfill event objectives
- Manage post-event follow-up and event analysis and reporting.
- Coordinate all event planning meetings, agenda, and minutes.
- Work closely with marketing and communication department to execute tactics that drive event participation and partnerships.
- Work with marketing and communications department on event marketing assets, including all print and digital materials.
- Work standard office hours for the majority of the time. Some events during the year will require extended hours.
- Weekend and evening work will be required to produce LDE Signature Events.
- Standard office environment for the majority of the time.
- Ability to be physically mobile for extended periods of time during events - freedom of movement, walking, and standing is required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, venue management, events, and/or equivalent education and experience
- 3+ Years experience managing events and/or equivalent experience
- Proven superior knowledge in running events or equivalent knowledge
- Proven ability to plan and manage multiple priorities, deadlines, and direct reports
- Demonstrated results in developing and delivering sound plans around the implementation of small and large events
- Strong working knowledge of industry regulations, health and safety, and legislative guidelines
- Experience in hospitality, sporting, events and entertainment industries are preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven ability to develop innovative solutions for increased productivity
- Knowledge of event and entertainment industry;
- Strong ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with key clients and stakeholders;
- High level of ethical standards and the ability to maintain confidential information;
- Strong organizational, communication, and leadership skills
- Demonstrated proficiency for managing multiple, complex priorities within demanding timeframes;
- Time-management skills and a proven track record of delivering quality results, with attention to details;
- Computer proficiency required including advanced Excel, Word, Outlook, databases and general internet skills; and
- Responsible, accountable and solutions focused – you deliver on promises and take the initiative
- Up for a challenge – you are ready to take on a demanding position where you can share in the wins of the organization alongside colleagues across various departments
Health & Safety:
- All employees of Lethbridge & District Exhibition are expected to make their personal safety, the safety of other employees, volunteers, vendors and guest their first priority and be champions for safety.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required dependent on hazards associated with work activities.
- The successful candidate will be required to disclose COVID-19 Vaccination Status.
- The LDE encourages, supports, and celebrates a diverse and inclusive work environment. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the city we promote and where our employees feel safe and supported every day.
Compensation package will include a competitive salary commensurate with education and experience, health and dental benefits and RRSP plan.
The successful candidate will be required to disclose COVID-19 Vaccination Status.
The successful candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check for the duration of employment.
LDE encourages, supports, and celebrates a diverse and inclusive work environment. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the city we promote, and where our employees feel safe and supported every day.