Full Job Description
Job Purpose: This position is an important role within the organization as the position will maintain and/or create positive relationships with International customers and suppliers. This position is key to coordinate vessel bookings and liaise with brokers to ensure timely order processing and delivery.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Diploma in Business Administration, International Trade, Agriculture or related field; or a combination of experience and education.
- Class Five Driver's License, and a Clear Driver's Abstract
- Standard First Aid
- Ability to facilitate complex problem solving through good organization, management skill, written and verbal communication
- Microsoft Office and computer skills
- Organization, attention to detail, confidentiality
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with General Manager, Logistics Manager and QC to ensure export targets are met with the highest standards of QC and efficiency
- Maintains strong and timely communication with General Manager, Logistics Manager, customers, marketers, suppliers, and Quality Control to ensure that the needed product lots are available and shipped when required.
- Manages rail and trucking to ensure timely delivery of product
- Implements and/or maintains data entry systems relating to scaling, steamship lines, documentation (invoices, packing lists, weight certificates, courier tracking, hay binder, and product inventory).
- Accepts, records, and secures monies collected from customers
- Ensures documents and applications (E.G. Bill of Lading, ship back insurance, phytosanitary) are completed and sent to the appropriate party prior to set deadlines.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.00-$40.55 per hour
- Casual dress
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Marketing: 5 years (preferred)