We need a person who enjoys working with large gas engines and have strong mechanical skills. The person we have in mind will be mainly responsible for monitoring and keeping the machines running, assembling, and repairing. This is a physical job requiring dexterity and flexibility; thus, one must be able to stand, crouch, kneel, and carry equipment and tools throughout the day. You must be cognizant of safety risks and adhere to strict safety guidelines when working around machinery. Must be able to work independently.
Creating and overseeing a regular preventative maintenance schedule.
Must check machines to identify and avoid potential issues.
Replace worn parts, adjust and re-calibrations, lubricate parts.
Maintain updated maintenance logs.
Responsible for technical support: troubleshooting, calibrating, installing, identifying, testing, programming, repairing and preventative maintenance
Perform a variety of manual tasks in varying temperatures for extended periods of time, which may include lifting light to heavy materials, climbing, standing, squatting, bending, and working at heights when applicable
Interpret blueprints, sketches, maintenance manuals and manufacturing specifications
Determine why a machine is not working and making necessary repairs to keep operations moving with minimal downtime.
Identifying issues, running tests, ordering, and installing parts, and making temporary repairs, if possible, to keep machines working while awaiting parts.
Log or use computerized work order system for repair and maintenance activities performed
You must be an analytical, quick thinkers who can handle tools and understand various mechanical systems. In addition, you should be excellent in the following list below:
- Mechanical skills – strong knowledge and understanding of hydraulics, pneumatics, belt systems, motors, and other industrial machine; fabricating may also be required in some cases. You must be able to weld and cut metal parts.
- Blueprint/schematic reading – have a good knowledge in analyzing and understanding blueprints, wiring schematics, layout plans, and other materials when assembling machinery.
- Physical capabilities – from eye-hand coordination to flexibility, you must possess the physical attributes needed to perform you jobs daily.
- Troubleshooting – must be able to follow troubleshooting steps to determine problems with industrial machinery, identifying which systems are failing and what procedures or parts are needed to fix an issue.
- Problem-solving – you must possess the necessary problem-solving skills needed to understand what must be done to address and resolve an issue.
- Team player – While most of the time you will only work alone or with someone, you must be able to be a good team player and work well with engineers, plant managers, parts vendors, and others who assist in assembling and installing industrial equipment.
- Mathematical skills – measuring, making calculations, and applying general geometric concepts are important aspects of your job.
- Working independently – you should be able to make decisions, troubleshoot, and make repairs with little to no supervision.
Must be at least 18 years of age
Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship now or in the future
Must be able to successfully complete all post-employment, pre-employment contingencies
Ability to work any and/or rotating shifts, weekends, holidays, or overtime if applicable
Basic computer skills
Minimum of 2 years relevant work experience.
Experience as an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic with basic knowledge and understanding of machine technology, construction and operation of heavy industrial machinery, power and control devices will surely be an asset and a plus.
Mechanical trade or any related certificate
Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills allowing one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
Working knowledge of safety standards of equipment.
Experience using PLC’s is an asset.
Experience of MiG and Stick welding.
Ability to work independently without supervision and meet tight deadlines.
Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally always.
Ability to work in a team environment.
Physical ability to lift to 50 pounds.
If you are the person we have in mind, send us your letter of application and resume at jobs at bigmarble.ca for a scheduled interview.
NOTE: Due to the number of applicants we have, we will only reply to potential candidates.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $25.00 per hour
- Extended health care
- 8 hour shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
Work Location: In person