Membership Services Representative
YMCA of Medicine Hat – Downtown
3-37 hours per week
The YMCA of Medicine Hat can trace its roots back more than 60 years. Serving over 10,000 people in Medicine Hat, Brooks, and surrounding communities, the YMCA of Medicine Hat has a staff complement of more than 180 people, combined with 100 volunteers. With an operating budget of $6.5M, the YMCA of Medicine Hat offers services and programs at 2 recreation centres (Downtown and South Ridge), 2 employment centres (Medicine Hat & Brooks), and 13 licensed childcare programs.
Why should you join our team?
At the YMCA Medicine Hat, we are passionate about our work and know that we are creating a positive impact in the community. Our staff feel welcomed from the first day they start and quickly feel a sense of belonging here at the Y. If you are looking to care deeply about your work, make the community a better place, and develop your leadership skills this is the place for you!
The YMCA Medicine Hat also offers multiple other perks and benefits;
· Complimentary YMCA Medicine Hat General Membership
· Member rate for programs
· Ongoing Development and Learning Opportunities
· Opportunities for Training and Recertification
What qualifications are we looking for?
At the YMCA Medicine Hat, we strive to ensure our employees are a fit based on their strengths, interests, and future goals. The successful candidate will have the following:
· Exceptional customer service attitude and experience
· Previous sales experience
· Computer and cash handling experience
· Be organized and resourceful
· Strong communication skills
· Evidence of a clear Criminal Record Check (with Vulnerable Sector Check only if working with children)-must be provided at time of interview
· Cover letter and resume
· Three Professional References
What does this role look like at YMCA Medicine Hat?
The Membership Services Representative will:
· Identify and create opportunities to enhance each and every person’s YMCA experience
· Meet and exceed customers’ expectations in all service aspects at the Member Services & Sales Desk
· Complete all membership/program related duties with accuracy
· Accurately complete all transactions, payments, cash-outs and balancing
· Communicate a large quantity of information clearly and concisely in person and over the telephone by understanding the organizational structure of the YMCA Medicine Hat
· Develop and maintain smooth cooperative working relations with all staff and volunteers
· Aid in the training of all new staff and volunteers
· Work in a team environment to achieve optimal collective results
· Share responsibility for weekly upkeep of desk inventory, and lost and found items while ensuring a well-stocked and clean work area at all times
· Candidates must be able to work days, evenings, and weekends.
What qualities do we look for in a YMCA of Medicine Hat staff member?
Our staff model and are committed to the following competencies:
1. Commitment to Organization Vision and Values: Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, strategic outcomes and values of the YMCA
2. Concern for Health and Safety: Acknowledges and understands how to manage and educate others of risk and harm reduction
Service Orientation: Deliberately identifies and creates opportunities to enhance each and every person's YMCA experience
Planning and Organization: Establishes a clearly defined and effective course of action for self and others to accomplish short- and long-term work goals
3. Coaching and Development: Commits to assisting participants, volunteers, and self in continuous learning and development
4. Quality Focused: Ensures that YMCA programs and services are superior
5. Self-Management: Highly motivated and works independently with minimal supervision
6. Diversity: Appreciates that people with different opinions, backgrounds and characteristics bring a richness to the YMCA
7. Philanthropy: Demonstrates a personal responsibility for the YMCA as a charity
8. Leadership: Guides, motivates and inspires self and others to take action to achieve desired outcomes
9. Outcome Thinking: Visualizes, understands and articulates YMCA outcomes and formulates strategies, plans and actions for achievement
10. Quality Focus: Ensures YMCA programs and services are superior
11. Teamwork: Actively builds teams and encourages open relationships for maximum organizational effectiveness
Please apply with a cover letter, resume, and 3 references (email addresses and phone numbers) who can attest to your character and previous work and/or volunteer performance.
Please email application packages to:
Jolene Klug, Membership Services Manager
YMCA of Medicine Hat
150 Ash Avenue SE
Medicine Hat, AB T1A 3A9
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Medicine Hat, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- sales: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: One location