The job incumbent will ensure the efficiency and reliability of plant assets. The incumbent will also lead and drive the reliability initiatives of the site, reliability programs, striving for zero unplanned downtime, and improving Operational Equipment Effectiveness (OEE).
Relationships and Contacts
This person reports directly to the Maintenance Manager and assume food safety responsibility in the absence of the Maintenance Manager. The Reliability Engineer will also develop relationships with all department leaders.
- Review and update daily downtime reports. Review the reliability schedule on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis while ensuring the adequate maintenance of production equipment fulfills our customer contracts.
- Build, report and analyze daily, weekly, and monthly downtime reports. Identify and organize corrective action plans against the top three items monthly.
- Perform and complete Root Cause Analysis on equipment as deemed necessary by Senior Management
- Perform, document, and communicate maintenance assessments on a continuous basis; ensuring all vibration routes are completed and necessary work orders are in place to prepare or maintain company assets.
- Monitor and identify problem areas in the facility prior to a breakdown.
- Assist in the research and implementation of new equipment.
- Ensures that equipment is performing effectively and efficiently (OEE).
- Focal point for analyzing equipment operating data. Review deficiencies noted during corrective maintenance.
- Optimizes maintenance strategies: maintenance concept and plan.
- Develops standards and proceudres for major maintenenance jobs.
- Ensures quality of technical documentation and CMMS asset data.
- Promotes equipment standardization, recommends spare parts levels.
- Monitors new technology and keeps management/staff appraised on the new developments.
- Focal point for monitoring performance indicators for the maintenance management program.
Health and Safety Responsibilities
- Using or wearing the protective equipment designated by the accident prevention policy.
- Follow safe work procedures.
- Immediately report any unsafe conditions or acts to their manager.
- Reporting all accidents or injuries to their manager.
Food Safety Responsibilities
- Commitment to Quality System Policy
- Enforce quality and food safety programs within the role.
- Communication of food safety issues to related department and action within the role.
- Active participation in food safety, food security, health, sanitation, hygiene, and quality program within the role
Qualifications and Abilities
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (EIT/P.Eng)/Skilled Trades Ticket/applicable experience.
- Experience in a reliability role & vibration training considered an asset.
- Enthusiasitc and able to motivate people.
- Technical skills
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of PI
- Microsoft Office (inclduding Microsoft Project)
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
Cavendish Farms Corporation is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.