DEPARTMENT: Neighbourhood Play Program
CLOSING DATE: Applications accepted until position is filled
HOURS: This position encompasses 35 hours/week and runs from June 19, 2023 – August 18, 2023. Senior
Leaders are scheduled Monday – Friday, with varying hours between 9:00AM and 3:00PM
POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
The YWCA of Lethbridge & District is looking for an energetic individual, with proven leadership experience,
who enjoys working with children to join our Neighbourhood Play Program this summer! The Neighbourhood
Play Program is dedicated to providing quality programming to children aged six to twelve in various
neighbourhoods throughout the City of Lethbridge and Town of Coalhurst. This program encourages learning
through play. Reporting to the Neighbourhood Play Program Supervisor, Senior Leaders are responsible for
planning, implementing, and evaluating recreational programs for children attending the program. Senior
Leaders are responsible for the training of Junior Leaders, in addition to completing weekly site visits,
communicating updates to leadership, completing incident and injury reports as well as completing end of year
reports for our funders.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
1. Broad knowledge of instructional methods, activities, and the development of children ages 6 to 12.
2. Promotes philosophy of “Learning Through Play”.
3. Knowledge of children and youth programming
4. Knowledge of Trauma-Informed, Person-Centered Care.
5. Strong interpersonal skills with peers, participants, parents, and the public
6. Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
7. Strong organizational and planning skills.
8. Demonstrated leadership skills
1. Experience working with children 6-12 years.
2. Post-secondary education (completed or working towards) in a related field considered an asset
3. Valid CPR and First Aid- Level C with AED
4. Criminal Record Check and Child and Youth Intervention Record Check
5. Valid Class 5 Drivers License
Resumes and cover letters are to be sent directly to Human Resources for consideration at