** NEWFOUNDLAND TRAVEL NURSING OPPORTUNITY **
What We Offer That You’ll Love:
- TOP hourly wages in the industry.
- Long-term commitment, quick deployment and seasonal incentives are available.
- Fully-furnished accommodation is provided and paid for directly by the company.
- Travel & Licensing expenses are fully reimbursed upon starting work.
- Internal referral bonuses (up to $1,000 per nurse you refer to us!)
- Opportunity to work additional shifts/hours
- Infield logistics support, team events and company outings/activities
What We're Looking For:
Canadian Health Labs (CHL) is looking for Registered Nurses (RN) for travel assignments throughout NEWFOUNDLAND and NEW BRUNSWICK, providing health services in all hospital departments and long-term care settings. The Registered Nurse monitors and delivers nursing care to clients as directed by the nursing care plan and in accordance with all required internal and external professional practice standards.
Specific nursing specialties needed in Newfoundland:
- General Medicine
- Long-Term Care
Specific nursing specialties needed in New Brunswick:
- ER (Bilingual Candidates given preference)
- Hemodialysis (Bilingual Only)
- NICU (Bilingual Candidates given preference)
- Pediatrics (Bilingual Candidates given preference)
- Med Surg(Bilingual Candidates given preference)
This is a TRAVEL NURSING role. Applicants must be willing to be deployed in NEWFOUNDLAND or NEW BRUNSWICK. We offer flexible agreement lengths, with long-term deployment incentives available. All travel, accommodation and provincial nursing licensure costs are 100% covered by CHL.
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Provide patient-centred care in alignment with nursing practice standards/scope of practice outlined by the Nursing association of the host province/territory.
- Adhered to the current policies and procedures outlined by the LTC facility/hospital setting and Canadian Health Labs.
- Arrange and/or provide client care by utilizing the skills of observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, counselling, and health teaching.
- Develop and review nursing care plans that are individualized for each client.
- Participates in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of multidisciplinary care plans to meet the individualized needs of clients.
- Incorporate a holistic, comprehensive model of care to meet the emotional, spiritual and physical needs of clients.
- Medication Administration (IV/IM/SC/Inhalation/Transdermal) and are familiar with high-risk/high-alert drugs or critical care infusions (ER/ICU/CCU/PACU).
- Provide patient and family-centered education, counselling and health promotion.
- Work collaboratively with the entire multidisciplinary health care team (physicians, NPs, social workers etc.), as well as provide oversight and delegate tasks to RPN/LPNs and PSWs in accordance with the Nursing Association of the host province/territory.
- Maintain a safe and supportive environment for clients, family and staff members.
What You’ll Need to Have:
- Diploma/Degree (RN or LPN/RPN) and proof of current, active licensure in good standing with your local College of Nurses (RN/LPN/RPN) in a Canadian province/territory.
- Must have a verifiable combined 1,125 hours of active practice within the last 5 years OR 400 hours of active practice in the last 2 years.
- At least two years of recent experience, preferably in a community healthcare/hospital setting or in an LTC facility.
- Valid BLS (Basic Life Support).
- Based on the nursing specialty, other qualifications and/or certificates may be required (our Talent Team can discuss these with you during the interview)
- Criminal Recrod Check, including Vulnerable Sectors within the past 180 days (or the ability to obtain upon successful application process).
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required as per provincial COVID-19 Immunization and Management Policy. (All hires must have received a full dose series of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada within 14 days prior to the start date)
- Exceptional interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to prioritize care and demonstrates critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- A minimum of two verifiable references which will be confirmed prior to infield deployment.
An Additional Asset if You Have:
- Experience as a Charge Nurse
Who We Are:
Canadian Health Labs (CHL) is Canada’s leading healthcare solutions provider. We provide healthcare staffing and logistics solutions for various public and private sector organizations from coast to coast. We offer healthcare professionals the opportunity to travel to new and unique places in Canada while earning industry-leading wages, expanding and refining their skills, and making life-long friendships along the way.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65.00-$85.00 per hour
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- What is the range of hourly compensation you're looking for?
- Have you obtained 1,125 hours of active practice within the last 5 years OR 400
- Where did you hear about CHL?
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Registered Nurse: 2 years (preferred)
- French (preferred)
- Registered Nurse (RN) License (preferred)
- BLS Certification (preferred)
- CPR Certification (preferred)
Work Location: In person