**Please note: this job is located in between Hinton and Jasper.**
Come join our Front Desk department for the 2023 summer season!
At the Overlander Mountain Lodge, we offer premium staff housing at affordable rates, an attractive bonus program, on-site wellness programs (including a brand new yoga space, and on-site gym), and a beautiful location perfect for spending your summer in the great outdoors.
At the Overlander, we are passionate about hiring only the best and brightest to join our team! If you are motivated, have exceptional time management skills, an eagle eye for detail, and love feeling a sense of accomplishment and pride in your work, we want to chat!
We’re looking for a Night Auditor to join our amazing Front Desk team!
The night auditor’s job is to assist guests with their overnight requests and balance accounts from the day shift. Night Auditor responsibilities include checking in guests, handling their requests, and taking reservations. Additionally, the Night Auditor is responsible for verifying that all revenue and expenses were claimed, preparing reports for the next day, and reconciling accounts.
Essentially, you will provide excellent customer service to guests and keep the front desk and accounting operations running smoothly.
Duties & Responsibilities
Number 1 priority is guest experience, the Night Auditor needs to have excellent interpersonal skills, a passion for great customer service, and a warm professional demeanor
- Balance the accounts from the day shift
- Manage evening front desk activity and handle guest check-ins and check-outs
- Ensure customer satisfaction by scheduling wake-up-calls and other concierge activities according to guest preference
- Handle customer requests and complaints and direct other employees or departments accordingly
- Create invoices, bills and checks for vendors, employees, and contractors
- Manage and update all official documentation pertaining to the role
- Ensure that all end-of-day activities have been successfully executed by employees in all departments
- Ensure confidentiality and security of guest information
- Follow all company safety and security procedures
- Report any maintenance issues or safety hazards
- Other duties as assigned, we cannot anticipate each and every task, job duties may change based on the needs of our business as well as the needs of our team
- 18 years or older
- Fluent in English
- Ability to work night shift (11 pm – 7 am)
- Valid driver’s license & access to reliable transportation
- Flexible in scheduling to meet business levels
- Highly self-motivated, with a can-do attitude that is willing to achieve excellence
- Strong teamwork skills
- Able to work in an organized and efficient manner while adhering to high-quality of standards
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and deadlines
- Access to reliable transportation
Experience preferred, overnight shift required
- Bonus paid on each hour you work through the season, paid in a lump sum upon contract completion!
- On-site yoga center
- Affordable, premium, single-occupancy housing
- Discounted meals & stays at both of our properties
- Referral bonus for each person you bring to our team
Additional Position Details
- This position has the potential to transition from seasonal to full-time for the right candidate and based on projected business volume.
Summer Job Contract Terms
This summer job opportunity is based on our seasonal business. We require a commitment that the staff choosing to join us for the summer season will see their contract through to its predetermined end date. We do have flexibility and are willing to work with individuals on a case-by-case basis. All contracts will end by mid-end of October. The seasonal bonus is based on contract completion and is paid in a lump sum bonus at the end of the summer season. We offer this as not only an awesome bonus and reward for the hours you will put in, but an incentive to finish the season.
Check us out!
Overlander Mountain Lodge: overlandermountainlodge.com
Stone Peak Restaurant: stonepeakrestaurant.com
Jasper East Cabins: jaspereastcabins.com
Northaven Retreat Center: journeynorthaven.com
Job Types: Full-time, Seasonal
Contract length: 6 months
Salary: From $18.00 per hour
- Company events
- Discounted or free food
- Housing allowance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Wellness program
- Night shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- Retention bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Alberta: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- When are you available to start?
- Do you have a valid driver's license & reliable form of transportation?
- Night Auditor: 1 year (preferred)
- Front Desk: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person