Health & Safety Coordinator - 12 Month Contract
The Health and Safety Coordinator is responsible for providing coaching, consultation, and support in all areas of health and safety. This includes: WCB, disability management, modified work programs, training and health and safety program planning. The incumbent is also a go to person for all health and safety issues and will assist the Health and Safety Manager in his/her duties. They will also provide guidance for the Training Coordinator.
Relationships and Contacts:
This position reports to the Health and Safety Manager. This position requires interaction with all the Departmental Managers, Human Resources, contractors, and hourly employees.
- Assist in coordinating all modified duty and/or return to work programs such as; Progress report meetings, RTW meetings and creating plans.
- Assist in managing, coordinating, and communicating the training programs.
- Complete and maintain PIR COR Certification
- Tool box talk program
- Conduct safety related training when required.
- Conduct departmental inspections, hazard analysis, and audits, and develop subsequent action plans
- To sit on and facilitate the Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee
- Review and ensure compliance with OHS Act, Regulations and code and all other applicable legislation, all corporate policies and procedures
- Provide coaching and support to the Cavendish Farms Lethbridge site
- Track analyze and report on all site safety statistics.
- Hazmat program
- I Warehouse Program
- ISN Program management
- Intelex Management
- Facilitate Tap root and Pain Process programs
- Develop, implement, review, and revise health and safety policies and procedures.
- Other related duties as required.
Health and Safety Responsibilities:
- Using or wearing the protective equipment designated by the accident prevention policy.
- Follow safe work procedures.
- Reporting immediately to their supervisor any unsafe conditions or acts.
- Reporting all accidents or injuries to your supervisor immediately.
Food Safety Responsibilities:
- Commitment to Quality System Policy
- Enforce quality and food safety programs within the role
- Communication of food safety issues to related department and action within the role
- Active participation in food safety, food security, health, sanitation, hygiene and quality program within the role
Qualifications and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of Alberta OHS Act, regulations and code
- Minimum 1-2 years of safety experience
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (MS Excel, MS Word, Outlook)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Presentation and analytical skills
- Ability to ensure integrity of data and confidentiality of employee information
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task in an ever changing/fast paced environment
- Able to meet deadlines in a decentralized environment, challenging oneself
- Positive and professional approach
- Willingness to learn and enjoy challenging one's self
- Proficient leadership and guidance abilities
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
Cavendish Farms Corporation is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.