We want you to join our team! A place you can hang your hat and call home. We value the power of diversity, inclusion, individuality, dignity, knowledge, and hospitality. Our mission is to build and operate person-directed communities by providing care and hospitality for seniors.
Your output matters to the Community! Your attitude will determine your altitude! The Office Administrator role is a special person who is fun-loving, sense of humor, yet "gets the job done with a smile" attitude. Serving the community in Medicine Hat Care Community in Medicine Hat. This role is responsible for ensuring top resident care is priority, with a high level of focus in time management.
Skills and key deliverables that will take you further:
- You are a patient leader – team player, motivator, coach, mentor, and professional role model
- Coordinate various business activities within the vision, objectives, and guiding philosophy of Connecting Care
- Commitment to Person Directed Care approaches and familiar with the Eden Alternative Philosophy and the Domains of Well-Being
- Strong internal and external stakeholder relationship building skills with Residents, family members to ensure the vibrancy of our community
- Flexible, willingness to prioritize and re-adjust routines, open to change for the benefit of the community
- Strong organization, communication, and time management skills
- Problem solving expert, calm and collected conflict resolution go to!
- Ongoing monitoring and continuous quality improvement
- Demonstrates an awareness of accident and injury prevention and adheres to safe work practices
- Directing incoming inquiries, greeting visitors, Residents, and other Care Partners
- Exhibit excellent service by being courteous, caring, understanding, compassionate and respectful to all
- Maintaining accuracy and updating of files, and submissions in payroll process
- With the required support from corporate management the Office Administrator may be designated for a period as “in charge” and may be responsible for the recruitment, interviewing, retention, supervision, promotion, and regular growth planning for Care Partners. This may include applying performance management processes (progressive discipline)
- Coordinate, plan, and schedule as per budget guidelines, including overtime, time off approval, and vacation requests
- Maintain confidentiality of the Community
- Strives to attain excellence in Resident, family member and employee care partner satisfaction
- Performs other services/duties as assigned
Foundational knowledge and experience to grow from:
- Certificate/Diploma in Office Administration or equivalent preferred·
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in office administration “required”·
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office programs
Why join our team?
- A competitive wage and vacation allotment
- Benefits – Health, Dental and Health Spending Account
- RRSP Program with employer matching
- Opportunity for personal and career growth
- Looking for a happy corporate culture! The term staff is not used here, we are Employee Care Partners!
Thank you for applying. Please note only successful candidates will be contacted.