Are you passionate about making a difference? Do you have a knack for numbers and organization? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you. The Lethbridge Therapeutic Riding Association (LTRA) is seeking an experienced and dedicated Office Manager & Bookkeeper to join our team.
LTRA is a non-profit organization that began in 1976, offering individuals with special needs hands-on instruction in riding and horse care to exercise the body and spirit. With the help of our dedicated volunteers, we have grown to facilitate over 350 student visits each year. Our mission is to provide therapeutic benefits through equestrian activities to those with various disabilities.
Why Join Us?
At LTRA, you will be part of a team that is committed to the success of everyone. We value internal and external customer service, transparency, respect, open communication, and commitment to our mission. This is a unique opportunity to contribute to a cause that truly makes a difference in people's lives.
If you are committed to our mission and ready to bring your skills and experience to a team that values your contribution, we would love to hear from you. Apply today and help us continue our extraordinary work.
As our Office Manager & Bookkeeper, you will play a crucial role in maintaining the financial health and administrative effectiveness of LTRA. Your responsibilities will include diligent bookkeeping, office management, and coordination of various operational activities. You will report to the Executive Director and work transparently alongside the Finance Committee & Board of Directors as required.
- Oversee all bookkeeping, payroll, and invoicing activities.
- Manage multiple funding streams including fundraising revenue, grants, and horse boarding income.
- Assist with the development and implementation of a comprehensive long-term and annual fundraising plan.
- Support the Executive Director, Finance Committee, and the Board in preparing and proposing an annual budget.
- Ensure all non-public data; and client, employee, and donor information is appropriately secured at all times.
- Education or Training in business, accounting, or related field OR 3 or more years of relevant experience.
- Proven experience in office management and bookkeeping.
- Extensive knowledge of QuickBooks is essential.
- Experience working in a non-profit charitable organization an asset.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and data collection platforms such as Incognito Forms.
To Apply, please fill out an application form located at: https://ltra.ca/about-us/our-team#employment-application
Office Location: 24 205015 Hwy 512 Lethbridge County, Alberta T1J 5N8
LTRA is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Part-time hours: 30-40 per week
Salary: $23.00-$27.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Lethbridge, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-06-30
Expected start date: 2023-06-19