At Richardson International, being truly invested is at the heart of everything we do. For 160 years, Richardson has been dedicated to Canadian agriculture. Recognized as a global leader in agriculture and food processing, Richardson is one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and has more than 3,000 employees across Canada, the U.S. and the U.K.
Richardson Oilseed is one of Canada’s oldest and largest fully-integrated oilseed processing and packaging operations with three facilities across Canada. In addition to producing bulk canola oil and meal, our food products division produces a wide variety of canola-based margarines, oils and shortenings for the industrial, retail and food service markets. At Richardson, we are committed to enhancing our facilities and services and investing in our people and communities.
Working with Richardson opens the door to a world of possibility. We currently have an opportunity for an Operations Supervisor - Food & Ingredients at our Lethbridge, AB location. The Operations Supervisor will be responsible for the daily operations to meet stated goals and objectives.
- Ensure all operational procedures are implemented effectively & completed safely in compliance with Standard Operating Procedures and in accordance with Company Policy
- Identify, correct and report all non-conformances
- Effective leadership of team including development, training, performance monitoring & coaching
- Liaise with other departments i.e. Maintenance, Logistics, and Quality Assurance Ensure Health & Safety guidelines are adhered to
- Other duties as assigned
- A degree or diploma in Operations Management, Engineering or Business Administration
- Minimum 2 years previous Supervisory experience in a Food Manufacturing environment
- Experience implementing policy & procedures
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislative requirement
- Excellent computer, communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Able to motivate individuals & teams and provide one-on-one coaching & conflict resolution
- Ability to work shift rotation
Richardson International provides a comprehensive compensation package consisting of a competitive salary, pension, a flexible benefits plan, and training and career development opportunities.
Interested candidates should visit our website www.richardson.ca/careers icon to apply online by June 8, 2023.
Richardson International values diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal People, Visible Minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply and self-identify.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Work Location: In person