We are currently recruiting for a NEW Parent Educator for the Bridges Family Programs in Medicine Hat, AB.
Bridges Family Programs will be offering a variety of parent education groups throughout Medicine Hat, Oyen and Cypress County. These groups will be designed to support a variety of parenting education needs in the community. These groups may include Triple P Parenting, Sensory groups, etc
- Plan and facilitate parent education groups for parents and caregivers within the Family Resource Network.
- Utilize a strength-based model of practice to support families.
- Utilize a variety of approved research-based resources to educate families in a group setting.
- Assist individuals in accessing community resources.
- Maintain program files.
- Participate in association and program promotion activities.
- Enter statistical data into a computer data base.
- Degree, Diploma in a related Human Service Field and/or related experience in family support/parenting/child development.
- Group facilitation experience required.
- Strong interpersonal communication, organization and administrative skills
- Experience working with computers, email and internet
- Experience in strength-based, family-centered family support practice.
- Knowledge of regional community resources and services preferred;
- Ability to work as a team as well as independently.
- Must have daily access to a reliable, insured vehicle with current registration, insurance and have a valid drivers license.
Must have daily access to a reliable, insured vehicle with current registration, insurance and have a valid drivers license.
This temporaryposition will be 20 hours per week until approximately August 2024. The work week includes day and evening work with occasional weekends required (1-2 Saturdays per month). The wage for this position is between $22.50 and $23.50 per hour, depending on education and experience.
We offer a great team, a positive working environment, flexibility, lots of professional development training, employee benefits, 3 weeks of paid vacation per year, paid personal leave days, and a great work-life balance!
If you have a desire to work with families and our team and want to make a difference, please email your current resume with 2 references and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org deliver it to Bridges Family Programs, Attention: Sharon Mickey, 477 Third Street SE, Medicine Hat, AB T1A 0G8 by November 24th, 2023.
Successful applicants are required to provide us with a clear Criminal and Child Intervention Checks. It is highly encouraged that you apply for these checks and have them available during the interview process.
We look forward to meeting you!
Job Types: Part-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 8 months
Part-time hours: 20 per week
Salary: $22.50-$23.50 per hour
- Company events
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Medicine Hat, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person