Parts and Service Manager
- Manages service operations, workshop or field, that provide retail or distributor product or application services. Manages department personnel along with the departmental budget.
- Manages all operations including service staff and supervisors; resolves most complex business problems for those on the team.
- Provides employees timely and constructive performance feedback; develops employees and provides opportunities that enhance employee career growth.
- Leads continuous improvement activities by reviewing, changing, and improving processes in line with changing customer expectations/organizational goals.
- Regularly reviews key performance indicators for service operations and addresses issues and opportunities.
- Ensures the volume of work produced meets company standards and ensures customer satisfaction.
- Identifies trends and initiates changes/improvements necessary to achieve goals and objectives while ensuring customer needs are met without interruption to service levels.
- Established positive and professional working relationships with key customers.
- Establishes goals and targets for the service operations; measures, reviews and maintains superior customer satisfaction levels.
- Service Documentation - Creates and verifies customer, equipment and technical information; captures specific data using required service tools; follows procedures and documents required information in the service management system in order to have an accurate record of the work done.
- Service Capability, Capacity and Coverage - Applies the Service Capability, Capacity and Coverage process to understand customer expectations, business priorities, and where products are operating to provide capable and consistent service through available parts, information, tools, and qualified technicians according to published standards; analyzes service capability metrics to identify, prioritize and resolve channel development opportunities within the service network.
- Ensures accountability - Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Action oriented - Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Manages conflict - Handling conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise.
- Customer focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Develops talent - Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Financial acumen - Interpreting and applying understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
- Plans and aligns - Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Instills trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Optimizes work processes - Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- Demonstrated role competence is required. College, university, or equivalent Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline is preferred.
- This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
- Significant level of relevant technical experience, including supervisory experience, required.
- The role of Parts and service Manager will report directly the Edmonton General Manager.
- The expectation is to support both parts and service departments and fill in when needed.
- Previous Service experience required, and preference will be given parts and service experience.
Primary Location Canada-Alberta-Lethbridge-Canada, AB, Lethbridge, Cummins Western Canada
Job Type Experienced - Exempt / Office
Recruitment Job Type Exempt - Experienced
Job Posting May 23, 2023, 1:00:00 AM
Unposting Date Ongoing
Organization Distribution Business
Role Category Onsite
Req ID: 230004QH