Full Job Description
Parts Person – Job Description
Title: Parts Person
Reports To: Manager
Location: Fix Auto Collision Medicine Hat
The Parts Person is responsible to manage all parts, materials and other inventories through efficient ordering and stocking processes. The Parts Person will work in hand with the Production department to achieve efficient vehicle flow.
- Time Management
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Development and Continual Learning
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Research and Analysis
- Decision Making and Judgement
- Operating Equipment
- Providing Consultation
- Ethics and Integrity
- Planning and Organizing
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Enforcing Laws, Rules and Regulations
- Mediating and Negotiating
- Energy and Stress Management
- Control all parts, materials and other inventories through correct and efficient ordering and stocking processes.
Contribute to “on time” vehicle deliveries and department profitability through proper process and best practices regarding ordering, receiving, staging, returning (etc.) of all parts and materials.
- Contribute to profitability by establishing and monitoring vendor discounts and service levels.
- Contribute to profitability by working with estimators and repair planners to ensure all parts or materials are accounted for and invoiced correctly.
- Maintain safe working conditions and adhere to occupational health and safety regulations.
- Other related tasks as required.
- High school or college automotive body repair diploma.
- At least 5 years of automotive parts preferred.
- Body Shop Repair Industry experience preferred.
- Good knowledge of industry software such as Repair Center preferred.
- Possess a valid drivers' license.
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Physical ability to lift up to 80 lbs.
- Travel to off-site locations may be required.
- Safety equipment will be required, e.g., steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Overtime as required.
- Hazards associated with the trade.
- Exposure to loud noises.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00-$50,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Store discount
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Medicine Hat, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Automotive Parts: 2 years (required)
Application deadline: 2022-07-07
Expected start date: 2022-07-11