Full Job Description
Western Tractor Company Inc., a 4-store John Deere dealer located in Southern Alberta, is searching for a full time Parts Technician to join our growing John Deere agricultural equipment group for our Lethbridge location. Western Tractor is located at the center of an irrigated agricultural area that is known for the variety of specialty crops that it produces. John Deere is the number one brand of Agricultural, Turf and Commercial Construction equipment in the area and has been represented by Western Tractor in Southern Alberta since the 1930's. Western Tractor's commitment to our basic values, customer focus and employee improvement are what has made us a dominant dealer and an "employer of choice".
Reporting directly to the Parts Branch Manager, this position will be involved with the sales, promotion and growth of our parts business – following our motto of striving to “provide the right part to fit the external or internal customer’s need at the right time, every time”.
The successful candidate will be joining a workforce that has a great mix of experience and energy, a team who will share their knowledge and expertise, are committed to doing great work and who like to have some fun on the job.
- Serve customers at the parts counter by understanding their requirements and then efficiently locating the correct part to fill their needs
- Suggest additional repair items to the customer that may be related to the repair in order to ensure the success of the repair
- Assist with preparing and maintaining merchandising displays
- Actively promote all dealership specials and merchandising campaigns
- Ensure customers always feel welcome and appreciated
Experience and Training Requirements:
- Journeyman Parts Technician or equivalent experience
- Experience connecting with customers, maintain professional image, establish rapport
- Demonstrated basic understanding of the selling processes
- Experience using standard desktop applications such as Microsoft Office and internet
- Valid driver's license
- Customer Service
- Organization Skills / Time Management
- Flexibility / Adaptability
- Attention To Details
- Problem Solving
- Teamwork / Collaboration
We offer our employees terrific opportunities to grow within our organization. Employees are our number one asset, and we encourage training and personal development for everyone. Our employees receive on the job training, John Deere University courses and training in other locations across North America. We are proud of the education that we provide our staff.
Western Tractor offers competitive wages and a great benefits plan. Employees can be assured that they and their loved ones will be covered in the case of illness or accident.
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Critical illness
- Prescription drug coverage
- Dental coverage
- Extended health benefits
- Health Spending Account
- Life insurance including dependent life
- Accidental death and dismemberment coverage
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Extensive safety program
- Education support
This position will be open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Western Tractor but only individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Bonus pay
- Overtime pay
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability