Peterbilt Lethbridge is seeking a parts technician to join their team of professionals! Candidates that wish to apply will need to exhibit a high level of confidence, professionalism, integrity, amazing work ethic and a passion for the Trucking industry!
The candidate must also be a dynamic and progressive-thinking individual that is able to adapt and embrace the positives of this ever-changing industry.
As the Parts technician you support the identification and coordination of parts to all internal and external customers. You are competent and trustworthy. You treat customers with respect and like a partner. You make a substantial contribution towards the efficiency of the Parts Department, and you promote the brand.
- Assist customers by phone or over the counter offering consistent, high levels of service
- Process daily customer orders, work orders, shipping orders, or requisitions
- Oversees and participates in the shipping, receiving, organizing, storing, and issuing of goods including supplies, equipment for the purpose of assuring shipments is prepared for delivery and delivered in a timely manner.
- Sorting and placing materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Marking materials with identifying information using appropriate method.
- Recording amounts of materials or items received or distributed via appropriate computer program.
- Provide necessary information to the Warranty Department to allow prompt filing of parts warranties.
- Assist in preparing for and counting of physical inventory.
- Keeping warehouse and work area orderly at all times
- Processes a variety of reports in written and electronic form (e.g., requisitions, paperwork, reports, etc.) for disseminating information and/or materials to appropriate parties.
- Receives stock and non-stock items for the purpose of ensuring specifications, quantity and quality of orders are correct.
- Prepares orders by either pulling from stock or securing test boxes for meeting delivery requirements.
- Aid mechanics / technicians in determining parts required for repairs.
- Heavy Duty Truck parts knowledge
- 1-2 years’ experience with truck parts
- Ability to perform basic calculations and mathematical figures.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Computer literacy, including working skills of Excel and e-mail.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Strong work ethic, integrity, and positive team attitude.
- CDK experience an asset
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required
- Monday to Friday 08:30 to 17:30 and every 3rd Saturday 07:30 to 16:00
- 8-hour shift
Ability to lift or move up to 75 pounds occasionally
We are excited to offer a great career to great people!
If this sounds like an opportunity that interests you, please respond to this ad.
Journeyman Salary or equivalent: $58240.00 to $72800.00 per year
Parts Apprentice or Parts person with experience: $41600.00 to $54080.00
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $41,600.00-$72,800.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- parts: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person