Full job description
Trouw Nutrition is hiring… a Pellet Mill Operator - to join our team in Lethbridge, AB. We are looking for a team player who can operate pelleting systems in the mill. Bring your positive attitude and super customer service focus. If you are local to the area and available to work with a dedicated team, we want to hear from you!
RATE: $20-23/HR, based on experience.
SAFETY: Our team at the Trouw feed mill takes safety seriously. Training provided on safety policies and procedures to minimize incidence of injury. In addition, we constantly monitor quality and food safety awareness and take corrective action to prevent quality issues.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Maintain efficiency to ensure production flow will meet customer requirements on a timely basis
- Follow assigned tasks on a shift basis
- Ensure housekeeping standards are met within assigned areas
- Effectively operate pelleting and associated equipment
- Assist in the implementation of continuous improvement projects
PREFERRED HIRING CRITERIA
- Forklift/Skid Steer and Agricultural experience are a real plus.
- 2 - 3 years manufacturing experience with knowledge of feed mill operations
- Mechanically inclined is an asset. Ability to operate the pelleting and associated equipment on a feed milling line.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Demonstrated ability to work effectively and positively in a team environment.
- Detail oriented. Collaboration, coordination, multi-tasking, high learning capacity.
GOOD TO KNOW
- Full-time; Shift Work Rotation; Overtime as required; Permanent
- Physical Requirements: Ability to regularly bend and twist, open and close lids, climb ladders and work at heights, and lift 25 kgs.
- Physical Work Conditions: Often exposed to loud sounds, distracting noise levels, and dusty environment.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Base salary commensurate with experience; bonus; health care benefits, health care spending account, pension plan with employer matching.
We are committed to employment equity, and we encourage applications from qualified individuals, including women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
Our corporate values FEED your career: Passion | Inclusivity | Integrity | Trust | Curiosity. These values are engrained into our core and shape everything we do.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.