Full Job Description
REDI Enterprises Society is committed to offer students the opportunity to gain valuable and meaningful work experience that will contribute to the future employability of the student. Prospects for advancement exist within the organization as we offer outstanding opportunities for professional development and future employment in an accredited agency. This position is a temporary, seven-week position with full time hours (40 hours/week). Under the supervision and guidance of the REDIlives Services Supervisor, the employee will learn to provide personalized supports and skill development to enable individuals to achieve their desired goals and outcomes, in community-based living environment.
REDI Enterprises Society is committed to providing and maintaining a work environment that is healthy and safe. REDI Enterprises Society has a new COVID-19 vaccination policy that all successful candidates are required to follow prior to the agreed upon start date. You will be required to show proof of vaccination prior to commencing your duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide personal care, medication administration, community outings, care, and maintenance of home, as required, to support individuals in daily living
· Deliver proper support to individuals by understanding and implementing their person-centered plans, care plans, and any other required plans)
· Identify, seek out and make available any supports required to assist clients to make their own decisions and to act upon them, including supporting the client to involve important people in their life in their decision making
· Provide input to and assist with applicable individual documentation and other pertinent agency documentation/records
· Model socially appropriate behaviors for both the individual and the community
· Work effectively in a team and support co-workers, to promote best service to individuals
· Attend REDIlives staff meetings, individual related planning meetings and will be expected to participate in training and in-services as required
- Clear and current Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check or one that is acceptable to the Executive Director
- Valid First Aid/CPR Level C
- A positive attitude and belief that persons with disabilities have the right and responsibility to define and act on their life choices and seek active participation in the community
- An understanding of the opportunities and options available to persons with disabilities, mindful of cultural and ethnic sensitivity
- Ability to communicate clearly in both written and verbal formats
This position is funded through Canada Summer Job grant program, and eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Must be between the ages of 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment
- Must be a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act*
- Must have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those under consideration will be contacted.
Job Type: Fixed term contract
Contract length: 7 weeks
Salary: From $16.50 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- REDI Enterprises Society has a new COVID-19 vaccination policy that all successful candidates are required to follow prior to the agreed upon start date. Are you able to comply with our policy?