Atria Retirement Canada
What’s the difference between a job and a meaningful, rewarding career? The people you serve. When you work at Atria, you have a front-row seat to the amazing life stories of the wisest people on earth. What’s more, you are part of an extraordinary company – one that’s investing in the future of senior living by investing in you. Don’t just do a job. Be part of an extraordinary life.
Atria is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law. Atria will not tolerate harassment or discrimination based on any of these protected classifications.
- Provide cleaning services for business offices, apartments, interior and exterior public and common areas and amenities of the community in a safe, neat, clean and attractive condition.
- Provide floor care services for carpet, tile, and wood floors and may include vacuuming, extracting, buffing, sealing, stripping, etc.
- Compact and remove trash and debris from community areas.
- Maintain all grounds; including sidewalks, public walkways and stairways, building exteriors, garden areas in a neat, clean and attractive condition.
- Performs basic maintenance related work requests.
- Mows lawn, trims shrubbery, and cultivates flowers (varies by community).
- Notifies management concerning need for repairs.
- Reports potentially unsafe conditions promptly to Supervisor.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness in work performed.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Must successfully complete all Atria specified training programs.
- Able to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Able to perform these operations using units of United States’ currency and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Able to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Able to work various schedules and shifts as needed.
- Able to safely use basic maintenance and landscape related hand tools and light power tools, such as shovels, rakes, blowers, mowers, drills, saws, sanders, buffers, vacuuming, extractors, etc.
- Porters will be required to work with caustic materials and cleaning equipment in order to fulfill their job responsibilities. They must be able to understand English well enough to read and comply with safety instructions for proper use of such materials and machinery to protect themselves and others (employees, residents and guests) from injury.
- Must have or be willing to get a COVID-19 vaccine, subject to legal requirements.