Position Reports to: Production Control Manager
Department: Production Control
Position Location: Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
Direct Reports: None
Salary Range: Dependent on previous work experience and education.
Position Summary: Reporting directly to the Production Control Manager, the Production Control Scheduler produces schedules balancing customer demand with plant capacities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for producing schedules for plant processes to ensure improved productivity in the facility.
- Review material requirements on orders made from outside vendors or by work orders.
- Process incoming files, apply ship dates based on available capacities.
- Act as a liaison between customer service and the manufacturing supervisors.
- Assist manufacturing departments in making changes based on their needs and any process improvements.
- Work with the ABS & Process Engineering Manager, Managers, and other manufacturing personnel to improve plant processes using ABS principles (Lean Manufacturing).
- Process Defective Material Reports (DMR’s).
- Review shortages on inventory counts.
- Communicate with customer service on status of scheduled jobs.
- Distribute production schedules or work orders to departments.
- Review documents, such as production control schedules, work orders, or staffing tables to determine personnel or materials requirements or material priorities.
- Confer with department supervisors or other personnel to assess progress and discuss needed changes.
- Revise production schedules when required due to design changes, labor or material shortages, backlogs, or other interruptions, collaborating with management, marketing, sales, production, or engineering.
- Confer with establishment personnel, vendors, or customers to coordinate production or shipping activities and to resolve complaints or eliminate delays.
- Examine documents, materials, or products and monitor work processes to assess completeness, accuracy, and conformance to standards and specifications.
- Record production data, including volume produced, consumption of raw materials, or quality control measures.
- Compile and prepare documentation related to production sequences, transportation, personnel schedules, or purchase, maintenance, or repair orders.
- Plan production commitments or timetables for business units, specific programs, or jobs, using sales forecasts.
- Provide documentation and information to account for delays, difficulties, or changes to cost estimates.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Graduate.
- Minimum of 1-2 years direct experience in a similar Production Control Scheduler or Clerk role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong professional image, ethical standards, integrity, objectivity, confidence and dedication to internal and external customers and contacts.
- Self-motivated, people oriented, service oriented, and ability to work with all levels in the organization.
- A College diploma would be an asset.
- Preference given for an Engineering drafting or mechanical technician/technologist background or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to understand entire manufacturing system (process, flow, people, and organizational structure relationships) in order to align and improve production schedules that meet the business needs.
- Strong computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Strong technical background with emphasis on manufacturing processes.
Certificates & Licenses: None.
Work Environment/Conditions: Standard office environment with a regular Monday to Friday work schedule. This position is Non-Exempt, and would require occasional overtime to meet production and business needs.
Physical Demands: None.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00-$55,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Lethbridge, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)