Full Job Description
About Canadian Linen & Uniform Service
Canadian Linen & Uniform Service (CLAUS) provides uniforms and related products to more than 300,000 customers nationwide, in virtually every industry. From designing and manufacturing to laundering and delivering, CLAUS works with local and national clients to create and maintain a total uniform solution that promotes teamwork and establishes a professional identity. CLAUS operates from over 16 locations nationwide.
Under the responsibility of the production supervisor, the incumbent performs various tasks, in particular: Verification of clothing as well as preparation of clothing for shipment according to labels and routes. Being able to solve problems.
What you’ll do; All positions in the plant require the following:
- Perform the assigned tasks in a proficient manner. This includes attaining a minimum of 100% of the production standard for tasks for which production standards have been established.
- Maintain high quality standards on all work performed. Inspect all materials for damage or excessive wear and properly report the findings to the appropriate responsible person for resolution.
- Maintain a clean and hazard free work area. Immediately report all broken or malfunctioning equipment or safety hazards to the appropriate person for corrective action.
- Follow all company and work rules. Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Support an environment of continuous improvement by making suggestions and implementing where possible.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the activities enumerated above.
We are looking for individuals who are:
- Ability to lift medium to heavy loads, from 25 lbs to 50 lbs several times a day
- Ability to stand for 8 hours
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment with fluctuating temperatures
- Comfort of working with machines safely and consciously
- Ability to carry out the required work according to procedures, standards and deadlines
- Basic math, reasoning and comfort with work instructions in English;
- Ability to perform requested work according to procedures, standards and deadlines
- Be self-reliant and reliable
- Have a good team spirit
- Punctuality and assiduity
What’s in it for you:
- Job stability: Canadian Linen has been employing people for over 95 years in Canada;
- Competitive pay rate
- Great benefits and employee assistance program;
- Great teammates and collaborative work environment;
- Consistently growing company that promotes from within;
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for a telephone interview will be contacted.
Canadian Linen & Uniform Service (CLAUS) is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We recognize that our future success depends on the perspectives and contributions of all our employees - their diverse backgrounds, abilities and experiences make our business stronger. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience.