Full Job Description
We are looking for energetic, self-motivated, and enthusiastic program leaders to support school-aged children at our before and after school programs.
It’s a BLAST is committed to better serving the community and families by embracing creativity and inclusivity. It’s a BLAST operates within the schools making it a dynamic and fast-paced environment. The successful applicants will have the ability to be flexible in scheduling, and available for scheduling any day of the week.
A Program Leader (PL) is responsible for ensuring that children are provided with an opportunity to flourish in a quality program before and after school hours. The PL is accountable for day-to-day operations, and liaising with staff, parents, and other community members. They will create programs that foster hands-on activities designed to meet all children’s needs. PL’s encourage independence and skills in making decisions, cooperating with others, and problem-solving.
What do we need from you?
As a Program Leader, you possess the below skills and abilities:
- Strong understanding of early childhood development
- Can provide effective programming - play-based and developmentally appropriate
- The ability to relate, interact, and communicate well with young children from diverse backgrounds
- Collaborate effectively with team members and parents, and work independently
- Possess a high level of empathy and interpersonal skills, with a positive can-do attitude.
To ensure and maintain a safe and secure working and learning environment candidates who are offered employment must provide the following within eight weeks of employment:
- A police information check; including a Vulnerable Sector Check from Police Services
- A satisfactory Intervention Record Check from South Region Alberta Child and Family Services
- A First Aid/CPR C Certificate
- Early Childhood Education Diploma is preferred*, although relevant degrees will also be considered
What we offer:
It’s a BLAST runs from Monday – Friday with paid statutory holidays off.
The shifts rotate on a weekly basis, and range from 7 am-4 pm, 8 am-5 pm, 8:30 am - 5:30 pm, 9 am-6 pm during summer operation.
During Fall operation, the hours are dependent on school schedules and are generally split between morning shifts of 7:00 am-9:00 am and afternoon shifts of 2:45 pm-6:00 pm.
Competitive wage with government top-up rate for ECEs
Fun, child-focused programming
Health & Dental Benefit program
Paid Vacation/Sick Time for qualifying staff
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From $17.75 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Lethbridge, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- ECE Certificate? (preferred)