Project Health and Safety Administrator
At Clark Builders, we build Exceptional Experiences! Our remarkable team, made up of individuals with unique talents and perspectives, work together each and every day to deliver exceptional, successful projects and experiences for our clients across Western and Northern Canada through innovation and inspiration.
Clark Builders is looking for a Project Health and Safety Administrator (HSA) on the Aahsaopi Elementary School Project until May 2024, with the possibility of extension. The HSA will assist with training, managing records, and in identifying, eliminating, and controlling hazardous conditions on a project that may lead to injury and/or property damage using job specific safety standards, best management practices, and the Building L.I.F.E. program. We are committed to prioritizing hiring Glenwood and surrounding area residents.
Reporting to: Regional HSE Manager
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Promote safe work practices and safe working conditions in accordance with all Federal, Provincial, and Local regulations, and Owner/contractual requirements.
- Support onsite record keeping.
- Coordinate Trade Partner Start-up meetings with the HSE Advisor and Superintendent.
- Ensure that Trade Partners are conducting the proper training as per Clark Builders and Occupational Health and Safety standards.
- Audit project level training records for compliance with the Clark Builders HSE Training Matrix.
- Conduct safety orientation for every new worker on the project and record their participation.
- Gather and file Toolbox meetings, Pre-Task Plans (PTP) and Job Hazard Analyses (JHA) completed on the project.
- Conduct weekly safety meetings and issue meeting minutes.
- Conduct safety audits and recommend corrective action per Company policy, and work with the HSE Advisor to issue reports of any violations or unsafe practices to Trade Partners for immediate resolution.
- Support the development and maintenance of Project Fire Safety Plans and Emergency Response Plans.
- Support the HSE Advisor and Superintendent with administrative duties as directed by the Regional HSE Manager.
- Collaborate with the HSE Advisor and the Injury Management Coordinator on effective injury management.
- Support the enhancement of Building L.I.F.E. through conducting process assessments and assisting in drafting corresponding action plans.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Basic understanding of Health and Safety Systems/Programs.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team as well as independently.
- Attentiveness to detail and ability to prioritize and manage a diverse workload within a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient at planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality to comply with all regulatory requirements and Company Procedures.
Qualifications & Experience:
- High School Diploma preferred.
- Experience in the construction industry an asset.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and navigate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, sit, talk, and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
Apply now for your exceptional career opportunity!
All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, colour, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national or ethnic origin or any other factors prohibited by law.
The Clark Builders Group of Companies (CBGOC) is aware of individuals claiming to represent Clark Builders to international job seekers. We have documented false offers of employment and fraudulent interview requests that have been made without the knowledge or approval of the CBGOC. These activities constitute recruitment fraud and the intent is to extract money from applicants in return for the fraudulent interview, employment offer or work visa.
For clarification, the CBGOC never contacts job seekers with unsolicited offers. We also never require payment for any reason upon acceptance of an offer of employment, nor do we request personal information from any individual prior to their acceptance of a formal offer of employment.
We strongly encourage all individuals to carefully scrutinize all recruitment communication and to not respond to unsolicited job offers. CBGOC asks that individuals report any suspicious or fraudulent activity to the proper authorities.