Full Job Description
As a Protective Services Officer (PSO) I, you will provide front line level security services designed to proactively mitigate loss or damage, de-escalate incidents of aggression and to ensure a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors. You will also respond to security, fire and personal safety related issues in accordance with current legislation and established AHS and site policies and procedures.
- Classification: Protective Services Officer I
- Union: AUPE GSS
- Unit and Program: Protective Services
- Primary Location: Chinook Regional Hospital
- Multi-Site: Not Applicable
- FTE: 0.00
- Posting End Date: 14-JUN-2022
- Employee Class: Casual/Relief
- Date Available: 27-JUN-2022
- Hours per Shift: Varies
- Length of Shift in weeks: Varies
- Shifts per cycle: Varies
- Shift Pattern: Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, On Call
- Days Off: Other
- Minimum Salary: $26.93
- Maximum Salary: $32.85
- Vehicle Requirement: Not Applicable
Required Qualifications:High School diploma or equivalent. Active (or eligible) for appointment as a Community Peace Officer with enforcement duties involving the public, as identified by the Province of Alberta/Solicitor General. Successful completion of Alberta Health Services or Alberta Justice and Solicitor General Community Peace Officer Induction Training Program (6 weeks program). Valid Class 5 (non-GDL) Driver's Licence. Valid Physical Abilities Requirement Evaluation (P.A.R.E.) completed under 4:45 minute, within 6 months prior to commencing employment.
Additional Required Qualifications:Current Standard First Aid and Level C CPR. Non-GDL Class 5 driver’s license with less than four (4) demerits.
Preferred Qualifications:Two years of related education (Security, Law Enforcement, or Criminal Justice preferred) and/or experience. Two years of strong customer service experience.