Established in 1966, Red Hat Co-operative Ltd. is the central packaging, marketing and distribution facility for numerous independently owned greenhouse operations. With a total greenhouse production area of over 110 acres, Red Hat’s central location in Redcliff, Alberta is ideal for distribution of our produce to wholesale and grocery retailers throughout western Canada and north western United States.
Red Hat is truly a community organization, and we know that investing in people is at the root of our success. We’re passionate about our industry and want you to grow with us. If you share our passion for innovation and thrive on challenge, consider a career with Red Hat.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the primary function of this position entails leading the receiving department and other warehousing activities in our packaging facility - providing direction, support, and encouragement to receiving staff.
Specific Responsibilities include:
· Scheduling and daily supervision of receiving staff
· Work with human resources to ensure proper staffing levels
· Ensure proper documentation is completed in an accurate and timely manner
· Report on receiving department KPI’s and suggest changes for improvement
· Conduct any general duties and responsibilities in a timely and professional manner
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated and results driven individual who thrives in a business development role.
· Dependable and reliable. Ability to take ownership and initiative
· Excellent problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills
· High level of commitment to exceptional customer service
· Has sufficient relevant work and supervisory experience
· is able to lead receiving team with a commitment to a safe work environment
· Forklift certification
· Regulatory, health and safety, first aid training are desirable assets
· Satisfactory degree of computer proficiency
· Energetic self-starter with superior oral and written communications skills
The successful candidate will have strong leadership and positive interpersonal skills, established transferable computer skills to successfully learn and operate a variety of receiving systems, and promoting a positive and inclusive work atmosphere.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.