Are you ready to contribute to the vibrant community of Medicine Hat? Join the City of Medicine Hat Parks and Recreation Department, where you'll be part of a dynamic team committed to providing a high quality of life for our residents. Medicine Hat offers the perfect blend of a welcoming community and a manageable city size, ensuring an excellent living experience.
Position: Temporary Labourer, shifts include weekends and evenings
Location: All recreation facilities
As a Temporary Labourer, you will play a crucial role in maintaining the cleanliness and functionality of our recreation facilities. Your duties will include basic building repairs, routine maintenance tasks, and collaboration with Facility Operators to ensure the security and proper operation of the facilities. Your responsibilities will encompass various areas such as general security, ice surface maintenance, equipment upkeep, pool cleaning, and sanitation.
We are seeking individuals who possess the following qualifications and attributes:
- Working knowledge of custodial techniques, cleaning equipment, and cleaning supplies.
- Mechanical aptitude with a basic understanding of general maintenance principles.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines with flexibility.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work with limited direction.
- Proficient understanding of safety requirements, emergency procedures, and standard operating procedures.
- Effective communication skills, both orally and in writing, with colleagues and the public.
- Ability to make sound decisions using good judgment.
- Commitment to ensuring the safety and orderly conduct of facility users.
- Successful completion of Grade 12 or high school equivalency diploma.
- Three (3) months related experience in aquatic, dryland, and ice recreation facility operations.
- Demonstrated working knowledge and ability to use power and hand tools and equipment.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class 5 Driver's License, with an acceptable driving record.
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR certificates are required.
- An equivalent combination of management-approved training and experience may be considered.
This position is safety-sensitive and requires a satisfactory pre-employment drug test.
How to Apply:
If you meet the qualifications and are excited about the opportunity to contribute to the well-being of our community, please submit your resume and cover letter on our website: https://www.medicinehat.ca/en/government-and-city-hall/careers.aspx .
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The City of Medicine Hat is an equal opportunity employer.