- Paid time off
Full job description
WorleyCord is a leader in industrial construction in Alberta and western Canada. Our employees enjoy exciting careers in fabrication, modularization, field installation, and professional support services for some of world's most challenging heavy-oil facilities, gas plants, power stations and other industrial projects. As part of the global Worley team, we enjoy shared resources and opportunities with more than 20 Canadian locations and 40 countries.
Cord is seeking Junior / Intermediate Project Controls Specialists to join our Project Controls team at Edmonton Home Office or our project sites either in the province of Alberta, Canada or Saskatchewan, Canada.
- Home Office (Monday to Friday on hybrid schedule (Tuesday to Thursday in Office, 40 hours week)
- Located on site, either on a project site within the province of Alberta or Saskatchewan (Work shift could be Monday to Friday, or on a rotation such as 10 days on 4 days off or 14 days on 7 days off
- Execution of project controls activities i.e. Cost Control, Management of Change, Forecasting and Progressing on construction projects. Knowledge of scheduling using P6 will be assest.
- Follow project WBS/CBS and ensure that control applications are set up according to the project controls plan using approved control budget data, project WBS/CBS and appropriate control accounts/cost codes
- Generate and update construction progress scorecards and cost reports
- Verify and sign-off accuracy of coding on all daily timesheets and provide cost coding on Procurement requisitions and Subcontractor invoices
- Establish and maintain project change management process including development and submission of change proposal for client approval, setup and maintenance of Change log
- Construction / site project controls experience on Lumpsum, Unit Rate and Reimbursable projects
- 5+ years project controls experience in Construction and Oil and Gas Project Controls role is required
- Cost control experience is required
- Working knowledge on Ecosys, Primavera and Power BI is considered an asset
- Experience generating project progress report and cost report
- General knowledge of IT programs used in estimating and project controls
- Field Project Controls experience with Construction Contracting company in Oil and Gas project is considered an asset
- Computer literate in all Microsoft Office products.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work under pressure on complex issues across multiple projects
- Must have a reliable means of transportation.
WorleyCord strives to be an industry leader in health, safety and environmental performance. Our vision is to achieve zero harm to people and assets, and zero environmental incidents. We select people who share our values, beliefs and commitment to this vision and who demonstrate the expected behaviors, competencies and performance associated with their perspective roles with the company.
Attention Staffing & Recruitment Agencies: WorleyCord LP will not pay fees for recruitment activities related to the hiring or placement of a candidate unless a written service agreement has been established and executed between a duly authorized representative of WorleyCord LP and the recruitment/placement firm. In addition, in order to qualify for recruitment fees, all candidate resumes must be submitted to WorleyCord LP through our Human Resources Recruitment department. Resumes sent to our individual department heads without the express written approval of the recruitment department will be ineligible for a fee.
Job Type: Full-time
- Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Alberta: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Project Control Specialist: 5 years (required)
- Construction: 5 years (required)
- Primavera P6: 5 years (required)
Work Location: In person