Little Big Recycling was founded in 2010 with an efficient and cost effective recycling program for one condominium building.
Over the last 10 years, we have expanded and are now proud to partner with thousands of Albertans in an effort to reduce our environmental footprint.
Every year we divert hundreds of thousands of pounds of recyclable material headed for landfills.
Our customizable solutions allow us to work effectively with clients from a variety of fields – from restaurants to office buildings.
Our operations are adaptable and able to suit the clients’ needs.
We are looking to expand our company with another Part Time Recycling Contractor. We are looking for a hard worker with a clean driving record (must provide copy of abstract) who has a truck available to use for the route to haul recycling with. The cost of gas is included in the hourly rate. Please submit your resume with 2 references.
Our Recycling Technician is responsible for recycling collection services. This includes ensuring that all recyclables are collected, sorted, and disposed of appropriately. The Recycling Contractor reports to the Waste and Recycling Consultant.
· The Recycling Technician must be able to lift up to 200lbs - This is a physically demanding job with lots of lifting, bending, pulling and carrying several times a day. If you are unable to do any of these things, this job may not be right for you.
· We work in all weather conditions, including both extreme heat and cold
Key Responsibilities (subject to change)
· Collect recycling from buildings and businesses as scheduled
· Maintain daily records of pickups and disposals, and of materials collected from sites
· Monitor and review information from sites and materials collected to detect or assess problems
· Work independently, and maintain an efficient schedule of collections and disposals
· Ensure all materials are removed, transported and disposed of according to set policies and procedures
· Operate truck in a safe and efficient manner in order to minimize risk of injury to person and property
· Observe recycling bylaws, and worker Health and Safety regulations at all times
· Wear proper work attire at all times in accordance with work safety policies; this includes, but is not exclusive to, steel-toed boots, gloves, protective eye- and headwear
· Report to Waste and Recycling Consultant on a weekly basis
· Submit hours and receipts to Waste and Recycling Consultant for remittance to Accounting Department
Skills and Qualifications
· Wear protective work clothing at all times (ie. steel-toed boots, protective eye wear, head protection, etc )
· Be moderately proficient with computer software
· Have strong organizational and strategic thinking skills
· Display pro-active planning, and follow-up skills
· Build strong client and employee relationships
· Be a problem solver
· Show dedicated customer service and focus
· Demonstrate flexibility
· Manage time efficiently
· Be independently motivated, and be able to work with a team
Anyone who cannot provide their own vehicle will not be considered for this position.
Job Type: Part-time
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $24.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday