Medavie Blue Cross
No matching job preferences
What makes us a different kind of employer?
As a national health solutions partner, Medavie is committed to improving the wellbeing of Canadians — and in our digital-first culture, technology is key to providing the products, services and solutions that increase access to care and improve health outcomes.
Our technology team is the backbone of our organization with over 500 employees and growing. We are constantly creating, testing, and learning to enable personalized, digital experiences in all we do.
When you join us, you’ll be part of an in-house, innovation led team focused on cutting edge digital health solutions that help provide the best care possible, when and where it’s needed.
Full Time Permanent
The Release Coordinator is responsible and accountable to the planning and coordination of all phases and activities involved in the implementation of a Release. They will be involved in the planning, preparation, execution, and review of all Changes and Releases. The Release Coordinators will work closely with the Technical Change Owners, Change and Release Managers and will champion and ensure compliance to the Medavie Change and Release Management Practices. As part of the IT Service Management team, Release Coordinators play a key role in facilitating and coordinating the delivery of Medavie’s services.
What we offer:
- Permanent full-time position with opportunity to grow in a well-established organization
- Flexible work arrangements and emphasis on work-life balance
- Remote and hybrid work options
- Comprehensive health, vision and dental plan that is 100% employer paid effective on your first day
- 100% employer-matched Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Annual Incentive Bonus which recognizes your contribution to our success.
- In addition to paid vacation, we offer a gifted week of vacation in your first year and an optional Vacation Purchase Program.
- An organization where we encourage personal learning and growth with opportunities for career development and advancement
- Providing wellness benefits, health resources and fitness center discounts
- Provide planning and oversight to major technology initiatives such as lifecycle refreshes and modernization.
- Collaborate and communicate with key business and IT stakeholders to properly assess risk, impact and benefits of IT changes and releases.
- Accountable to adhere to established Change and Release practices and ensure compliance requirements are met.
- Facilitate resource management and ensure alignment to Service Transition and Release Management objectives.
- Support the planning and coordination of all phases and activities involved in the release of a system or system update in the production environment.
- Develop the release deployment plan based on input from multiple stakeholders within various portfolio teams.
- Identifying priorities, conflicts, dependencies, and risks for the release and ensuring plans are in place to mitigate those risks.
- Confirm the release deployment plan is followed and that all release deliverables have been completed in line with the release dates and deadlines.
- Maintain documentation of all processes and identify opportunities to make improvements to the release process.
- Support and facilitate coordination and communication during technical deployments which occur outside core business hours.
- Provide support or coordination during high priority service restoration activities in the event of Major Outages.
Work Status: Due to Security Clearance requirement, we need candidate to be in Canada from at least 5 years and their status should be Permanent Resident or Citizen now.
Education: University degree or college diploma in Computer Science or similar program preferred; equivalent experience to be considered.
Language Skills: English. Bilingualism would be considered an asset
Work Experience: 5 or more years of IT experience in service operations, should have good understanding of technical infrastructure as well as the development lifecycle of a product or service.
Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills and delivers information clearly and confidently. Demonstrates the ability to tailor information and delivery to suit the nature of the material, audience, and situation.
Execution and Organization Skills: Ability to organize work and information in a well thought out manner to deliver on specific tasks and reporting deadlines. Exhibits high levels of energy and perseverance in the pursuit of established goals.
Knowledge: Proactively uses knowledge to improve process and procedures and takes action to make contributions to continual service improvement.
Teamwork: Understanding of how the job contributes to the overall work unit and takes the initiative to help with problem situations. Ability to ask and receive feedback and enjoys working with people both as part of a team and one-on-one.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Medavie Blue Cross strives to foster a culture where everyone is enabled to achieve their full potential - a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) where we live our values every day in the way we treat each other, our members and the communities we serve. Accessibility is a top priority.
For applicants with disabilities, we provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Medavie Blue Cross Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Segment: Computer Science, Equity, Technology, Finance