ull Job Description
Description: The Resident Assistant is accountable for providing care and support under the supervision of the Licensed Practical Nurse. The Resident Assistant provides service which is responsive to the holistic needs of residents and promotes choice while maintaining dignity and facilitating independence. This position is covered by the terms and conditions of the AUPE St. Therese Villa Collective Agreement.
- Classification: Resident Assistant 1800.90
- Union: COV AUPE (St. Therese Villa)
- Unit and Program: 1st and 2nd West SL4 Units
- Primary Location: St. Therese Villa
- Multi-Site: Not Applicable
- FTE: 0.78
- Posting End Date: 02-AUG-2022
- Employee Class: Regular Part Time
- Date Available: 29-AUG-2022
- Hours per Shift: 7.5
- Length of Shift in weeks: 5
- Shifts per cycle: 18
- Shift Pattern: Days, Nights, Weekends
- Days Off: As Per Rotation
- Minimum Salary: $19.92
- Maximum Salary: $24.95
- Vehicle Requirement: Not Applicable
Required Qualifications:Required Qualifications: Active status on the Alberta Health Care Aide Directory. Students currently enrolled in an approved Alberta nursing program who have successfully completed: 1) a continuing care or medicine unit placement, and 2) either Year 1 of a practical nursing program; or Year 2 of a baccalaureate nursing or psychiatric nursing program, and 3) knowledge and experience with medication assistance; will be considered. Candidates who are In Progress on the Directory may be considered. Candidates will be required to provide proof of Active enrolment on the Directory. Physically able to assist with all aspects of patient/resident care and transport, e.g. walking, standing, bending and lifting. Must be able to understand written and verbal directions in English.
Additional Required Qualifications:As Required.
Preferred Qualifications:As Required.